New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022 (10/8/2013​)

I think I’ll be sitting this one out  :confounded:

cman548 wrote:

I think I’ll be sitting this one out  :confounded:

Me too until OSX Mavericks is released.

Just checking in with my update experience.

Although I am always a little hesitant to jump in on these MyBook Live updates, I went ahead and did it.  I backed up  my data (twice) and then started Dashboard from QuickView.  Unlike this morning when I was able to go check for updates, this time it automatically presented me with an update screen.  I accepted the offer to upgrade and it downloaded and began the update.

10%…60%…70%…90% and then Done!.  Restarting the device took 5 minutes and it was back to Dashboard and I see all my files are there.

My use of the MyBook Live is ultra-simple.  No media serving, just using it as a shared server in a small office environment.  Only have about 85GB on my 1TB MBL.

During the firmware update process got an error, after that I can’t login to the dashboard the message “Initializing device. Please Wait…” stays for ever. Is it possible to update the firmware manually or login to the dashboard again? 

Ps: I did many firmware update in the past without any problems.

please help me  to get my MLB back

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi,

Been struggling to find a resolution to this. Spent the last two days with a headache.

Thought I was the only one affected with the auto update.

I can only access MBL via Windows on my laptop.

Can’t access it via my Samsung tablet.

Can’t access it via the nice new Android App.

Can’t access it via the WD UI.

Can’t access Twonky either :frowning:

Tried the reset button, restarting both MBL, the laptop, the router…

I’ve emailed Support now and awaiting a respose.

Bill_S wrote:

WD is happy to release the My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.03 – 022.

For the firmware update and release notes please check out the My Book Live Product Update page.

For instructions on how to do an automatic update, please refer to Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo.

Feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

Is there a reason that the file for the firmware is never posted with the announcement?  I prefer to do the manual update from the downloaded firmware update file like some other people.

Haven’t seen any references to the actual file & the WD “update page” don’t have any references to the file.  I still think that it is safer to have the file on MBL for update because of windows’ bugs especially when the MBL reboots (a couple of times?) for updating.

anotherpaul wrote:

Haven’t seen any references to the actual file & the WD “update page” don’t have any references to the file.  I still think that it is safer to have the file on MBL for update because of windows’ bugs especially when the MBL reboots (a couple of times?) for updating.

I also like updating the firmware from file.

Try this link:

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024303-022-20130916.deb

WilliamH wrote:

anotherpaul wrote:

I also like updating the firmware from file.

Try this link:

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024303-022-20130916.deb

Thank you.  I’ve tried the www.wdc.com → support, selected mybooklive & the only thing about getting the firmware is the “current firmware”.  the stupid page sends me to an faq in the “knowledge base”.  From there wdc gives me the circular run-around as it just shows “howto update instructions”; totally useless.

The current firmware is nowhere listed as available nor do it show the older firmware; the howto instructions do list the cureent & past firmware BUT not as available links.

Makes me think that wdc don’t want people to do the update via a file or wdc doesn’t want people to use a “safer” method of updating.

The place for the firmware file should be listed in the “support” section, like other more englightened companies.

Nevermind…

I did the auto update , worst idea in my life.

Before everything was working fine.

Since that time, lost all my network share, nothing work from my Pc or my Mac.

From my PC , it’s want a user pasword, I try alle the user on the PC,  admin, name all…

Nothing work

From my Mac just not able to connect…

Need help very fast.

In the iTunes sever, metadata is wrong! The artist tag is replaced by composer tag!

still not fixed after 3 yrs!

wmy5555 wrote:

In the iTunes sever, metadata is wrong! The artist tag is replaced by composer tag!

still not fixed after 3 yrs!

Is this the first time you report this issue?

Yes it is. I found some other threads reporting the same issue, dating back to 2011. Yet there is still no fix.

wmy5555 wrote:

Yes it is. I found some other threads reporting the same issue, dating back to 2011. Yet there is still no fix.

Please check your private messages.

Hello there,

bought a new my book live because the good old my book white edition had an old version of twonky running that couldn’t stream  .mkv to my philips 32PFL5008H  television.

As stated in the release notes your new firmware enables my book live to play .mkv.

Evenmore in the manual supplied of My Book live on page 122  the version of twonky shown  on fig. 7 clearly shows twonky version  6.0-rc5 running wich it does not ; to my frustration it’s the same Twonky 5.1.9 version as my old My book carries…

How is WD going to resolve this matter?

Wincent

*********************************************************************************************************************************

After updating the fireware im not able to edit anything, it says am not authorized to edit, please help thats the Work External WD and i have 925GB of Data that will ruin me if i dont get them back !!! please help,

My email is omar.salman@isas.sch.ae   if you have any solution please do let me know ,

Thanks alot,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

I am having the same problem.  Works perfectly b4 the firmware update.  now I can’t access the drive on the website nor the web configuration site.  the green light on the my book drive just keeps on blinking.  Tried reseting but the green lights continues to blink. Help!!!

wincent wrote:

…it’s the same Twonky 5.1.9 version as my old My book carries… How is WD going to resolve this matter?

WD resolved the matter months ago by providing an alternate DLNA server you can install.  Check the firmware release notes to see how.

I am also having the same problem.  It worked fine  before I did the firmware update.  It downloaded the Update, installed it and then restarted the Drive -  then after a long time indicated a timeout.  I can now no longer access the drive. The green light is constant and I can hear the drive head moving around.

The drive does respond to a Ping to the IP address.

What do I do now?

Can’t access my movies thru my WD Live TV devices. This update has severe problems!!! Going to try and roll back to earlier firmware if possible?!