New Firmware?

My question is: where do we download the Sync software for PC? Not available yet?

My interpretation of Bill_S’s comment:

“WD will have these new features available for customers on the latest code late September of 2015.”

is that the new OS3 client apps haven’t yet been launched; they’re currently rolling out firmware upgrades in preparation for launching OS3. For most people, with auto-firmware upgrade on, this will take time for WD’s systems to roll out the firmware upgrade, so they’re waiting for that to complete before offering the new client apps. Otherwise, they’ll end up with a raft of ‘my new OS3 client apps don’t work’ complaints.

Frustrating for those who manually upgrade the firmware, or whose firmware has already automatically upgraded.

Of course, it could be that they simply haven’t finished developing the OS3 client apps… Without decent information from WD, we can only speculate wildly…

1 Like

You are right.  It will be available sometime towards the end of this month.  We do appreciate your patience as we get this update rolled out.

1 Like

Updated, have access to the MC but DashBoard screen flashes white showing Access MC then nothing!

1 Like

schwadorf wrote:

I can’t see the capacity since the upgrade, that section of the UI is just blank. Refreshing the page didn’t help either.

Anyone else having this issue?

Had the same thing happen, mentioned it earlier in this same thread. For me reloading the page in my web browser (Internet Explorer) worked. It could be your My Cloud is still scanning the drive contents. If the drive contents are being scanned wait till it finishes then check again for the capacity. Otherwise try closing all browser windows then open a new one and access the My Cloud Dashboard and see if the capacity is displayed. Or you could reboot the My Cloud to see if it triggers the capacity to be displayed.

1 Like

wptski wrote:

Updated, have access to the MC but DashBoard screen flashes white showing Access MC then nothing!

What web browser are you using? They have some sort of animation thing now with stuff sliding in from the right side. Could be your browser is not handling this “improved user experience” visual properly.

They have some sort of animation thing now with stuff sliding in from the right side

What a pointless waste of developer effort.  ‘Bread and circuses’, eh?

Why not actually address some user requests?

Oh, look; a squirrel!

Changing cartoon references, I went searching for an old Dilbert cartoon that seemed relevant. Trouble is, they all are

I thought maybe it was a browser or OS since I’m using W10 Pro.  I cleared my browser’s(Chrome) history, no change.  I was going to boot into W7 and try it but decided to try MS Edge the IE like W10 browser.  I was able to get to the Dashboard, go through the setup afterwhich it worked from Chrome.  My MC was originally setup using W7 IIRC.

Bennor wrote:

schwadorf wrote:

I can’t see the capacity since the upgrade, that section of the UI is just blank. Refreshing the page didn’t help either.

Anyone else having this issue?

Had the same thing happen, mentioned it earlier in this same thread. For me reloading the page in my web browser (Internet Explorer) worked. It could be your My Cloud is still scanning the drive contents. If the drive contents are being scanned wait till it finishes then check again for the capacity. Otherwise try closing all browser windows then open a new one and access the My Cloud Dashboard and see if the capacity is displayed. Or you could reboot the My Cloud to see if it triggers the capacity to be displayed.

Hi Bennor, thanks for your help.

I’ve tried with three different browsers (Firefox, MS Edge, IE) but none of them displays the capacity. Content scan status shows idle so I don’t think that is the issue. Rebooting the device hasn’t helped either.

I’m all out of ideas.

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

we have passed this along to support

2 Likes

cpt_paranoia wrote:

They have some sort of animation thing now with stuff sliding in from the right side

What a pointless waste of developer effort.  ‘Bread and circuses’, eh?

Why not actually address some user requests?

So far its almost nothing more than a cosmetic change tp the firmware meant to dazzle the noob/Joe Six Pack user. I’ll never understand why developers/companies do this. Make a big deal about the “new OS”, issue press releases, when in effect all they are simply changing the interface just for the sake of changing the interface. Meanwhile all the underlying problems remain and they introduced at least one NEW problem in that one can no longer use the Dashboard bug to set the Public share to private. My guess is they’ll do the same with the apps.

I never get the Capacity graphic since i updated.

I suffered the blank capacity frame too, after experiencing a completely blank login frame; in my case, I activated the ssh access, logged into the drive, and ‘top’ showed me the analysis process was stuck while building a little icon for a movie. I killed the avconv process (which was eating 100% cpu time) from ‘top’ by sending a signal 15, and the analysis process resumed. My WDMyCloud is now fully operationnal. Nonetheless, I still think this update is buggy, shouldn’t be trusted nor installed before having been fully Q&A checked.

M.

I’ve just downloaded the .deb file. There must be some major changes under the hood, because it’s shrunk from 164MB to 124MB. Maybe they’ve just had a bit of a spring clean…

mauve wrote:

I suffered the blank capacity frame too, after experiencing a completely blank login frame; in my case, I activated the ssh access, logged into the drive, and ‘top’ showed me the analysis process was stuck while building a little icon for a movie. I killed the avconv process (which was eating 100% cpu time) from ‘top’ by sending a signal 15, and the analysis process resumed. My WDMyCloud is now fully operationnal. Nonetheless, I still think this update is buggy, shouldn’t be trusted nor installed before having been fully Q&A checked.

M.

No joy for me. Don’t even see an avconv process running. Still no Capacity info on the home screen. I don’t keep any media settings on any of the shares, since I don’t do DLNA. But that should not matter as before the update I always had Capacity info.

Sorry to hear that. I’m not very knowledgeable about those devices, I just have some linux background. Nothing looked amiss in ‘top’ when you looked at it ? No zombie process, or endless loop ? Clearly, the capacity display is linked in a way to the state of the database. While files aren’t finished indexing, it stays blank. If nothing else helps, I’d rebuilt it from scratch and see if it helps.

M.

my cloud has updated to the latest firmware and now nothing works the ui is blank i can’t access remotley and the music server is not running i have tried to reboot the thing about 4 times leaving it about 12 hours in between each reboot and still nothing i have even rebooted the router a few times i hope they are working on a good fix as before the last update everthing was working fine even on my wd photos app it just says no photos found

Just tried it myself in vain and got the same result as before: MyCloud simply became non-responsive, no access to Dashboard etc. Downgrading to V3 again as we speak - like I did back in May - as it proved to be most suitable approach and stable build (and my Cloud was working like a treat since then).

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/Poll-Who-has-reverted-to-V3-firmware-and-why/m-p/874980#M34452

I’ve see the blank sreen and blank capacity on my single bay NAS with 4.04 firmware, but never with previous versions.

Also, I noticed that with each firmeware upgrade, all my files are indexed but normally I never loose the UI.

ssh’d and notice the average load was about 20 22 & 25 (fairly hight) so that must be the crawler doing it’s thing.

Now I’m wondering what else is going on in the background. Would have been better to put a “i’m updating” message in the UI when the processes are working.

After my system finished indexing or whatever OS3 was doing (around 6 hours), the  UI came back and OMG!! the UI is much faster than before. Can’t wait to use the new web based remote access. I’m guessing it’s similar to DropBox.

1 Like

init0 wrote:

I’ve see the blank sreen and blank capacity on my single bay NAS with 4.04 firmware, but never with previous versions.

Also, I noticed that with each firmeware upgrade, all my files are indexed but normally I never loose the UI.

ssh’d and notice the average load was about 20 22 & 25 (fairly hight) so that must be the crawler doing it’s thing.

Now I’m wondering what else is going on in the background. Would have been better to put a “i’m updating” message in the UI when the processes are working.

After my system finished indexing or whatever OS3 was doing (around 6 hours), the  UI came back and OMG!! the UI is much faster than before. Can’t wait to use the new web based remote access. I’m guessing it’s similar to DropBox.

Still no joy for me. Did a reboot, UI showed Scanning files, 3 hours later Scanning Idle, and no Capacity info.

1 Like

If nothing works try a System Only  Factory Restore , worked for Me and capacity shows even when building/indexing