New Firmware released today 9/28/2015

WD has released a new firmware dated 9/28/2015. 

sq-040400-308-20150924

Hopefully WD has finally fixed this buggy version 4.   I think I will wait awhile.

1 Like

For what ever reason while my WD My Cloud indicates there is an update to v04.04.00-307, the link for the Release Notes points to the 4.04.00-303 version: http://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WD_My_Cloud_Firmware_Release_Notes_04.04.00-303.pdf

Below is a link…search by firmware and device.

http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?DL

Firmware  Version 04.04.00.308 (9/28/2015)
Resolved issue of unable to create new folders or write t o folders after firmware update

Firmware  Version 04.04.00.307 (9/23/2015)
Resolved issue of capacity in home page disappears after firmware update
Improved logging

cruz21105 wrote:

Below is a link…search by firmware and device.

http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?DL

Got it. Hopefully they’ll fix the URL within the Dashboard firmware update section.

Below is the release notes for the firmware released today:

Firmware Release 4.04.00-308 (9/28/2015)

What’s new!

• Improved security
  • Addressed known command injection, SSH default password and CSRF security vulnerabilities
  • Applied fix for Poodle security issue
  • Improved Time Machine performance
  • Supports My Cloud OS 3 operating software
  • Supports WD Sync™ which syncs data across multiple PCs, notebooks and Mac computers
  • Supports MyCloud.com – web access portal and Learning Center (replacement for WD2go.com)
  • Supports My Cloud mobile app with sharing and Automatic Camera Roll Backup
  • Supports NAT-PMP that allows automatic port forward connection on Apple routers

Firmware Version 04.04.00-308 (9/28/2015) 
Resolved Issues:
 Resolved issue of unable to create new folders or write to folders after firmware update

Firmware Version 04.04.00-307 (9/23/2015)
Resolved Issues:
 Resolved issue of capacity in home page disappears after firmware update
 Improved logging

Installed the firmware but still can’t open iTunes or move any files to the drive.

Just updated the firmware and still have the same problem - can’t create folders, rename or add files.  I even spent 45min on the phone this morning with support having me repeat the process I did before calling them (rebooting MyCloud, system restore of the system only, etc). Now I’ve been upgraded to Level 2 and waiting for their phone call. So frustrating and disappointing. 

same problem for me too .

Where are you finding the problem? Mounting my shares via Finder (Mac) I’ve had no problems.

cant edit delete any files in the public folder where all mine are . get error but no message on the dashboard the share access is greyed out.

No technical issues so far.

BUT find the Admin screen a strain to read - medium blue/grey characters on a light grey background.

The old black background may have appeared sombre, but it was at least easy to read.

After yesterday’s update I have a problem with My Cloud. Device is working via LAN, but isn’t accessible via web-interface, mobile application and wd2go. Please help to resolve this issue.

Good morning everyone.

I ask for help because i have 2 my cloud and the last 9/28/2015 there was a firmware update.

one my cloud do it perfect but the anotherone its with the led in orange color continuous turned on, i cant access and the WD quick view don`t detect it.

I tried to connect it alone but it does the same.

So, I can’t even upgrade my MyCloud due to the new desktop interface. When I click on settings, this is what I get…

Anybody have a clue?