New Firmware Release - Version 2.03.24 for the WD TV Live Hub (12/30/10)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Center.   For information about the firmware update, please check out the  release notes.

2 Likes

I turned on my WDTV Live Hub, “New Firmware” comes up, so I hit the OK button.  Four minutes later, it’s finished.

I opened the Videos folder, which now reads “0 New Items.”  Yesterday I had about 972.

I turn off my WDTV Live Hub.  I turn it back on again.  I unplug my WDTV, wait, then plug it back in.

Still “0 New Items.”

WHERE THE (**&^%$$^ DID MY 500GB of Video Files GOOOOOO?

WDTV, you need to explain to me how you could do this to me!

Are they actually gone, or does it just say zero NEW??

Mine is good just lost all the Metadata. I have to re-enter all the “get info”.

How do you get 972 movies into 500Gb?

onlyzbest wrote:

Mine is good just lost all the Metadata. I have to re-enter all the “get info”.

How do you get 972 movies into 500Gb?

i’m guessing:  avi’s and xvid’s etc.

not sure i want to upgrade yet, but i’m guessing i’ll have to.  i just HATE :angry: re-entering the “get info” for my 100 or so movies on the hub.

Steven_in_Sing

Try going into setup, system (i think) and do the ‘Clear media library’. This will clear and rebuild the media library and it may re-find all your media files.

A known bug

I have been doing “get content info” for the past 45 minutes.  133 of 213 done…

Make sure your NAS/filer is writable. It may move the metadata for you from the old metadata folder into the movie folder if write enabled when you do the update. Mine was read only and all the metadata is gone.

Thankfully it is putting a jpg and xml file in the movie folders now, which is a standard, so once the library is complete I can make it read only again. This will make it portable to other devices, which is a plus.

No loss of files or metadata here. :smiley:

It looks like they have just made life easier for us! The metadata (jpg and xml files) are now stored in the folder with the movie instead of in the metadata/movie folder.

Issues:

Metadata:  Now movie name reads as the file name, not as the name in the title of the xml.  Now shows the extension of the file.  Does not do this if you redo “get content info”.

This line has to be added to the end of the xml.:

yourmovie.extensionn/a   (, should already be at the end of the line now & should be moved to the end of the new line.)

Folder icons no longer show up in the information plane.  Renaming & changing the location does not do anything.

Yes, all of this will work if you wait until AFTER the media library compile is complete before you navigate into videos.

Tinwarble wrote:

Issues:

Metadata:  Now movie name reads as the file name, not as the name in the title of the xml.  Now shows the extension of the file.  Does not do this if you redo “get content info”.

This line has to be added to the end of the xml.:

yourmovie.extensionn/a   (, should already be at the end of the line now & should be moved to the end of the new line.)

Folder icons no longer show up in the information plane.  Renaming & changing the location does not do anything.

One major bug they didn’t fix is that media files with file names that begin with the same characters as the folder name that they are in are not being cataloged.  Example: file “FooBar 1.jpg” in folder “FooBar” will not be cataloged.

The menu seems to respond snappier.

I suppose other than a wider format base, the only other thing I want to see changed is the “The” sorting issue, which should be real easy.

bitfiddler wrote:

One major bug they didn’t fix is that media files with file names that begin with the same characters as the folder name that they are in are not being cataloged.  Example: file “FooBar 1.jpg” in folder “FooBar” will not be cataloged.

• *I contacted WD about this. They told me that this actually is working as designed, and they are preparing a KB article to explain why…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Yes, all of this will work if you wait until AFTER the media library compile is complete before you navigate into videos.

Nope, the library has completed compiling.  The info is fine, (shows cover art, date, overview, backgrounds, etc) but the title name is of the folder, not the title name from the xml.  When the xml’s were moved the XXXXX was not added, which is new to the new xml’s when I redo the content info.  This is the only thing wrong, other than the Folder icons (not the movie coverart) no longer appearing  in the information plane (they do show up in the Scroll plane).

Have tried recompiling the data, but same thing.

Tinwarble wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Nope, the library has completed compiling.  The info is fine, (shows cover art, date, overview, backgrounds, etc) but the title name is of the folder, not the title name from the xml.  When the xml’s were moved the XXXXX was not added, which is new to the new xml’s when I redo the content info.  This is the only thing wrong, other than the Folder icons (not the movie coverart) no longer appearing  in the information plane (they do show up in the Scroll plane).

Have tried recompiling the data, but same thing.

hmmm. I only see that on XML that I created myself. Are you saying that adding those two tags in by hand fixes the issue?

Yep!  For instance 16 Blocks, was showing up as 16 Blocks.mkv, even thought the xml title is just 16 Blocks, adding:

16 Blocks.mkv   to the end of the xml now changes the title to  just 16 Blocks, with no extension.

The only thing I can’t figure out is why the Folder icon isn’t showing up in the information plane.

That trick doesn’t seem to fix titles for which the XML is added entirely by hand, as in Get Content Info was NEVER done… The folder icon? Do you mean folder.jpg in the big black box on the left with the ugly green folder there? I don’t think that EVER worked in the Gallery view, did it?

updated the firmware, cleared media library, no thumnails.

i guess i know what i’m doing tomorrow morning.

that is a major bug to have to redo all the “GET INFO” every time there is a firmware update.  consumers will not be happy, i know i’m not.

It seems the folder icon is being generated differently than in the previous release. The only thing I found so far, it seems to take the first movie icon and use that as the folder icon. Huh ??  I hope someone figures out how the folder icon is generated now. I do like the fact the metadata is stored with the movie… Still no folder icon for network shares, or again, maybe I just don’t get how folder icons are generated with this new firmware.