New Firmware Release - Version 2.03.24 for the WD TV Live Hub (12/30/10)

The file called folder.jpg inside the folder is used as the folder icon.

As in *empty*.  Gone.  Kablooie.  Kaput.  Game over.   Uhm, this would seem to be a MAJOR issue with this firmware update.   And there appears to be no way to go back to the prior firmware. 

Besides which, the **** thing doesn’t transfer files anywhere near as fast as it should, given the USB ports and the ethernet cable.  Whoever did that part of the design should be beaten with a wet carp.  I thought I was spending extra for a device with WD on it, but I never expected to have to pay THIS price. 

I compared the metadata XML files from the popular program Thumbgen to the XML file from the hub’s new firmware. As you can see, the XML metadata from thumbgen is vastly different. Below is a XML from the same movie, one imported from Thumgen, the other from the Live Hub. If we can get Thumbgen to recognize the new format, this will solve a lot of our problems.

http://hotfile.com/dl/93170501/b12b230/13_Going_on_30_(live_hub).xml.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/93170375/c57f77e/13_Going_on_30_(thumbgen).xml.html

Thanks for the idea and I tried it, but it says that there’s nothing on the internal storage of the Live Hub *AT ALL!*

No videos, no music, no pictures.  Nada. 

Aaaaaargggggggghhhhhhhh!

This is my first time updating it since i got it for christmas but the only available update was 2.03.19, do i have to do all the previous updates before getting the newest one ?  Is there a place i can download it straight off the net and put it onto a usb drive ?

Uhm, no, nothing is working for me.  WDTV Live Hub says that it has no idea where those 550GBs of photos, music and videos are.  It doesn’t compile ANYthing new.  It claims that there’s nothing stored internally *AT ALL.*> > > * * *

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Yes, all of this will work if you wait until AFTER the media library compile is complete before you navigate into videos.

Yes, just do the stepped upgrades.

Yeah, I’m not sure about the one’s added by hand, haven’t tried it for any that I did Get content info for.  I have a new problem now though.   I did a factory reset of the device, now the movie cover art isn’t showing up in the info plane, even though it is showing up in the scroll plane.

Yes, that is what I was talking about, the folder.jpg is know showing up in the Gallery View, where the metadata & coverart show up on movies.  And yes, it was working before, and as I said, my new problem is that now after a rest the coverart for the movies aren’t showing up in the same place.

Update:  I’ve tried what was suggested here on the forum, but all my media files that were on the WDTV (photos, music, video), ALL OF THEM, are gone. 

Live Hub says that there is no library to complie.  Nothing. 550Gb just vanished via the firmware update.

Steven_in_Sing wrote:

Update:  I’ve tried what was suggested here on the forum, but all my media files that were on the WDTV (photos, music, video), ALL OF THEM, are gone. 

Live Hub says that there is no library to complie.  Nothing. 550Gb just vanished via the firmware update.

• *Go to SETUP, SYSTEM, DISK MANAGER. Click the drive. What does it tell you? The 70 or so gigs on my internal are still present… Can’t imagine how your stuff got canned… :frowning:

972 videos, which doesn’t necessarily mean full-length movies.  Family Guy episodes at only 187MB, f’rinstance.

Supports Enhanced Video Playback (detect frame rate).Near me malfunctions adjusts 1080p 60hz perhaps.I’m sorry English do that on translator. TV Panasonic TX-P46G10E.

Disk Manager reads empty; not even a reference to the internal storage. 

I’m starting to believe that I’m the only cursed person on the forum. 

Perhaps you have a defective unit?

Couple of points with the new firmware…

Known issue will not work properly with the existing Theme by PyschoTHC…however he has already got a new Theme done.

Moviesheets for the Top Folder is now **Broken** ie if you use Folder view even if the folder name is EXACTLY the same as your movie file the moviesheet info will NOT show unless you enter the folder.

On the other hand Playon is now FIXED for video view…ps also fixed for the wd live

The metadata folder is now hidden on the Hub…But the xml and movie.jpg are stored in the actual folder of your media…

There used to be a movie.xml file in the metadata that showed all the location of all your indexed movies thats is now hidden.

Whilst Flickr is now added Flingo & Deezer are not ?? strange

I want to make I understand the statement about getting a icon to showup on the folder. Are you saying the icon file in the actual folder should be labeled “folder.jpg”… So it needs to be an extention of .jpg not .png, etc and the name is actually “folder”, not the folder name. So, if the folder is named  “action”, the icon in the folder needs to be “folder.jpg” NOT “action.jpg”.  Is this correct ?

I lost all my Metadata Outside my movies folders, but if i go into the folder the metadata is still there

I’m running PsychoTHC’s theme, and on the previous firmware the Enlarged DVD Covers didn’t show up next to the metadata, just the DVD Covers from the “folder.jpg” that i could scroll through the movies across the bottom.

Now the image you get if you dont have a folder.jpg Shows up for all of my folders where the enlarged folder.jpg should show up at, but i still can see the small dvd covers across the bottom to scroll through my movies

In all honesty … this really **bleep** western digital

I have over 700 movies, and now i have to go back through and ‘get-info’ for over 700 movies to make my metadata show up outside the folder again? waste of a firmware update imo

Pulazki…

Dont bother the metadata (ie movie info and covers) will not show outside the folder …its **Broken** by the new firmware

Also PsychoTHC has already fixed the theme to work with the firmware i am already running it and it works perfectly…i am sure he will release it soon. WD changed the legacy theme so it meant that some icons didnt work properly anymore…

So if PsychoTHC’s theme fixes it, there must be a way to fix it without having the theme? correct?

I truly cannot understand how Western Digital would release a new firmware that messes up the cover art and metadata outside folders.

Like…they even changed the way metadata is stored, so that it’s stored WITHIN THE MOVIE FOLDER, and yet, none of that information is displayed outside the folder? it’s mind boggling

thelangs wrote:

I want to make I understand the statement about getting a icon to showup on the folder. Are you saying the icon file in the actual folder should be labeled “folder.jpg”… So it needs to be an extention of .jpg not .png, etc and the name is actually “folder”, not the folder name. So, if the folder is named  “action”, the icon in the folder needs to be “folder.jpg” NOT “action.jpg”.  Is this correct ?

That is correct; a folder.jpg  (it can also be folder.png) should be EXACTLY that.   Not “foldername”.jpg.