Network Shares no longer works

Hi,

I actually just changed my ISP but considering it was around the same time as the new update I’m thinking it’s probably not my internet that’s messing up.

but anyways, I can’t access network shares at all, all my settings are fine on my vista laptop (can access shares on other devices etc, just not WDTV Live)

my WDTV Live is connected using an ethernet cable and my laptop is connected using wireless.

is this a software update issue or is there some way I can fix this?

First make sure your network shares are available to everyone – try deleting the share and then sharing it again, and make sure you add “everyone” to it.

If you are on Win 7 you can (and should) disable password on the shares (can’t speak for Vista as I never went there). 

I’m having the same issue now. Network shares used to work just fine and not it doesn’t. I tried unsharing and resharing the folders but no luck. Tried rebooting my wd and my pc, still no luck. I’ve really had it with this thing.

I can’t share either. I can’t see anything on you tube. When I do a network check it shows “Network connection check passed”!!!

It would let me see my shares yesterday, although the video was choppy especially after fast forwarding it.

tjhilder wrote:

Hi,

I actually just changed my ISP but considering it was around the same time as the new update I’m thinking it’s probably not my internet that’s messing up.

but anyways, I can’t access network shares at all, all my settings are fine on my vista laptop (can access shares on other devices etc, just not WDTV Live)

my WDTV Live is connected using an ethernet cable and my laptop is connected using wireless.

is this a software update issue or is there some way I can fix this?

Can you access youtube / flickr? You mention an update - have you installed new firmware? Have you tried resetting to factory defaults and recycling the power on the WDTV.

So i turned it on today and there was a firmware update available…1.02.21

Issues seem to be resolved for now.

Updating to 1.02.21

After updating to this new version I’m not able to access network shares, at all.

After providing credentials I’m now getting message “This network share can not be accessed.”

And seems like im not the only one…

When I first connect to WD Live to my network shares it is fine. I have noticed as soon as I add / delete modify a file in my network shares my WD live can no longer maintain the share connection until I turn off the PC and on again. I can then connect to the network shares instantly 

Same applies to me. I can access my Win7 shares, but when trying to access my Synology D210j NAS Iget the message"This network share can not be accessed."

Remember everyone who upgraded to yesterday’s firmware that you need to do a factory reset AND pull the power cord while it’s on.  At least try that and see if it helps the situation (I haven’t updates my firmware because everything works for me – don’t fix what isn’t broken :>)