Please help! Another Network Share problem

My Network Shares quit working.  I press the button and nothing happens.  I have Windows 7, a WD Live Plus.  Everything was working for weeks and it just stopped.  From my PC I can see the WD Live and access the USB flash drive attached to it.  From the WD Live I can access Youtube and the internet.  I cannot access the files on the shared drives on my PC.  I have read all of the post on here and nothing works.  I have spent 3 days on this with no results.   PLEASE HELP!!!

I’ve had this happen too… all of a sudden, the WDTV can’t see any network shares to login to.   The only way I’ve solved this is to do a complete router/network restart… make sure power is off on all devices long enough for any ram memory to go dark.  Then, start by booting up the router, then one PC/device at a time, then the WDTV.   I’m not a network tech, but it seems that any hot-plugging of cables to the router can cause the WDTV to loose track of shares as well as media servers like PlayOn.  Once I’ve stopped moving cables around, the network has calmed down and the WDTV has run fine.

wevowva wrote:

I’ve had this happen too… all of a sudden, the WDTV can’t see any network shares to login to.   The only way I’ve solved this is to do a complete router/network restart… make sure power is off on all devices long enough for any ram memory to go dark.  Then, start by booting up the router, then one PC/device at a time, then the WDTV.   I’m not a network tech, but it seems that any hot-plugging of cables to the router can cause the WDTV to loose track of shares as well as media servers like PlayOn.  Once I’ve stopped moving cables around, the network has calmed down and the WDTV has run fine.

That’s exactly what happened!  I changed ethernet cables and now network shares does not work.  I have tryed the powering down and restarting with no success.  Maybe I did not leave the devices unplugged long enough.  I’ll try again.  Any other suggestions?

That’s your problem.  When you start disconnecting network devices, many times you will need to restart them for the router to reassign them an IP address.