MyCloud EX2 - Backup NAS -> USB not successful

Hi,
I have a problem with my MyCloud Ex2. I connected a external harddrive on the USB port and created some Backup jobs to make a Backup from the NAS to the USB drive.
I choose the mode = “synchronize”.

The initial backup works fine, all backup-job finished successfully.

Some days later I tried to start the backup-jobs again, but I got immediately the error message that the backup was not successful. The message shows unfortunately no reason for error.

What I can see in the details of the job, or when I edit the job is: the source and the destination folder are not completely shown in the field, and in edit-mode it is not possible to change it.
I am not sure, but I believe there is a problem with configuration file, it seems the information is not completely stored in the files.

I already connect via SSH to the device, but I found not the configuration files for the backups, and unfortunately no log-files with helfpful information.

When I delete the job and create it again, the job finishs without errors. But the second backup later fails again.

Does anybody a have solution for this error?

kind regard
Stefan

Hi stefan_r_67,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support

Create a Support Case
Create a support case with our world-class service and support team.

Hallo Stefan,
da der Post im deutschen Forum stand, nehme ich an, dass du dir mit der Deutschen Sprache leichter tust.

Ich hatte auch schon ähnliche Probleme mit der MyCloud Mirror. Nachdem ich den Backup-Job löschte und neu anlegte ging das dann einige Zeit wieder gut. Möglicherweise hing das bei mir auch damit zusammen, dass ich die Platte nach dem Backup nicht ordentlich abgemeldet hatte. Das muss man bei der MyCloud ja umständlich über das Dasboard machen. Eine automatisierte Funktion scheint es da nicht zu geben.

Hat dir der Support weiterhelfen können? Was ist dabei herausgekommen?