MyBookLive shut down via WD Quick View, but how to re-start?

I am having trouble with MyBookLive and WD Support does not answer my queries, so I am hoping that someone in the WD Community will help.

The latest problem is that I shut down MyBookLive using WD Quick View.  I did this so that I could safely unplug my ethernet connection from a Gigabit switching box and plug MyBookLive into a dedicated ethernet connection straight to my router.

However, I do not know how to re-start MyBookLive.  Just re-booting my computer does not make MyBookLive appear in WD Quick View (as it previously did), and if I type the IP address for MyBookLive into my browser, it is not recognized.  The light on the rear of MyBookLive is flashing green which means disc activity, but there is no light on the front panel at all.

Previously, Device Manager showed an error with MyBookLive device driver.  This error was ‘This device cannot start (Code 10).  The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device’.   Don’t know what the specified request refers to.  Now, the Device Manager does not show any device driver for MyBookLive.

Previously and now, when I went into WD SmartWare, I was not able to access either the Backup or Retrieve tabs. 

Can anyone help?

to answer the question, once the MBL shuts down, you need to unplug the power cable and plug it back in. Or cycle your power strip, if that’s easier.