My Passport Wirelss Pro All Lights Flashing

I have a Wireless Pro and when I turn it on all lights flash rapidly after about 30 seconds. I cannot see the drive wirelessly or when I plug in into my PC with a USB cable.

Please help. Lot’s of family photos are stored on here form a recent trip.

1 Like

This is a common ailment, so search the forum for the cure. It needs to be reset/restored to defaults.

Thanks Mike. I’ve had a look through the old posts. I’ve tied a reset holding down the two buttons for 10 seconds and the unit eventually goes back to all lights flashing quickly. I have also tried a firmware upgrade via SD card and that doesn’t work either. If you or anyone else has some other suggestions that would be great.

See this link

i have some problem - may be have any otheк idea how to restore fw?
i try to reflash from SD, from USB, from UART ttl telnet

I have the same problem as yours. All led lights keep flashing after 30secs. Have you sorted your WD My passport already? I will try to contact the support team in the next couple of days.

Same; 1 day, for no apparent reason, ‘My Passport’ decided not to work, apart from flashing an led [Despite minimal & careful use; I could understand if I’d been clumsy with it, but to say it’s meant to be a portable, & pricey, back-up system?! NOT happy]- Thankfully I found a free recovery tool that actually worked [others didn’t] - PhotoRec - CGSecurity :heart_eyes: