My Passport Wireless Pro - Not Functioning

I own a My Passport Wireless Pro 3TB. I recently reformatted the drive on my iMac, APFS format. I can see the drive on Finder. However, I cannot now access the drive on my browsers, nor have the drive read and capture a SD card. Accordingly, I attempted to update the firmware, using these instructions:

Pushing on button and sdcard button at same time actually initiates a reset. That is not the way to update firmware (if that is actually what you were trying to achieve). Update firmware steps shown below state after inserting scared press On button (only). Also make sure battery level is above 50% or it won’t update firmware.
Don’t rename the firmware or it will not install. I would use Fat-32 (32 bit) on your sdcard.

Download the firmware to your desktop.
Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware in this format: MyPassportWireless_x.bin.
Format an SD card FAT-32.
Create a folder on the SD card named “update”.
Copy the MyPassportWireless_x.bin file into the “update” folder.
Turn OFF the My Passport Wireless.
Insert the SD Card.
Turn ON the My Passport Wireless.
The My Passport Wireless will boot up, then will start flashing a White LED while the update is happening.
Once the update is complete the LED will return to the normal ON state.

1. I never saw a flashing white LED light.
  2. Issues outlined are not resolved - when connected to my computer - only drive wireless LED is on.
  3. When I disconnect from the computer, both LED lights on are on. Same - issues not resolved.

I would appreciate your help to restore my unit so it is working properly. Thank you! LPA

Hi @LPAllen,

Please test health of your drive using Western Digital Drive utility:

Title: Setting up and using WD Drive Utilities
Link: How to Install and Use WD Security and WD Drive Utilities Features

Thank you! I downloaded WD Drive Utilities for the Mac and installed the software. I received the error message when I ran the SW - “Attached a supported WD Drive.” I checked Finder, and I showed MY Passport as available. What next?

Hi,

I appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps.

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask