My Cloud - The network name cannot be found

I have a laptop with Windows 7 and trying to set up the remote access on it.  When I log in and click on view shares and put on the password, it comes up with the different shares in there.  For each one it has a box next to it that says  +Open in Explorer.  When I click on the +Open in Explorer a small window appears that says  The network name cannot be found.  How do I fix this. Please help.

I have tried the different things listed that I could find and none of it has worked.

Check the WD Dashboard if you have status “Connected - Port forwarding connection established.” under Settings → General → Cloud Access → Connection Status.

Are you able to access remotely via mobile network on WD mobile app? If yes most probably some sort of firewall is blocking the access on the PC remotely.

that status is showing and all firewalls are off and still not working

port connected.jpg

Are you able to access remotely via mobile network on WD mobile app?

yes, I can access through the app

Since you’re able to access via app remotely then this is not WDMyCloud issue. Is this your personal computer thus having admin access and has been tweaking Win7? Most probably your WebClient services are off. If none of the steps below help, you would have to somehow reinstall the service manually.

Go to the windows services or launch command prompt with administrative access. Check below that it’s stated auto_start as highlighted:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc qc webclient

[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS
SERVICE_NAME: webclient
        TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
        START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
        ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
        BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP : NetworkProvider
        TAG : 0
        DISPLAY_NAME : WebClient
        DEPENDENCIES : MRxDAV
        SERVICE_START_NAME : NT AUTHORITY\LocalService

If not auto_start, set it to do so:

sc config webclient start=auto

Check if it’s running:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc query webclient

SERVICE_NAME: webclient
        TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
        STATE : 4 RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT : 0x0

If not running, start the service:

sc start webclient

it is set to auto-start and running, still not working.

How about an image of what comes up when you click on, +Open In Explorer.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Have you tried on another PC to rule out your current PC?

Hi - i had an issue previously with accessing folders on my laptop but was resolved by system resolved. Now I unable anymore to access files through the wd2go? Which is odd as it works fine with the WD desktop app. I am also able to access it through my iphone and have tried to access wd2go on 3 other laptops so leads me to beleive this is an issue on the server.

I am not ruling out a windows issue on the laptops as they seem to scupper everything else at the moment. Also works on my iphone. 

I’ve tried creating the netdav.inf and placed it into the folder. Checked restarted services - still no joy. Running windows 8. All my issues started it seems when i added a new user and then tried to delete an other user. 

Any help appreciated. 

mphyssas wrote:

Hi - i had an issue previously with accessing folders on my laptop but was resolved by system resolved. Now I unable anymore to access files through the wd2go? Which is odd as it works fine with the WD desktop app. I am also able to access it through my iphone and have tried to access wd2go on 3 other laptops so leads me to beleive this is an issue on the server.

I am not ruling out a windows issue on the laptops as they seem to scupper everything else at the moment. Also works on my iphone. 

I’ve tried creating the netdav.inf and placed it into the folder. Checked restarted services - still no joy. Running windows 8. All my issues started it seems when i added a new user and then tried to delete an other user. 

Any help appreciated. 

Can i firstly say that i am not just posting and then submitting solutions to my own problems! hehe. I am regularly checking others solutions and found by following other threads they have aided in solving issues for myself particularly…

So this solution worked for me:

I followed Reny72 solution in uninstalling all WD my clound related programmes.  link

I then rebooted my laptop

I then installed my cloud desktop apps (this might not be important as i didn’t check wd2go), 

I then ran wd2go and hey presto i was able to map the drives! 

If this worked for you please kudos this and also kudoes Reny72 as i used his solution to a different issue that seems to have helped this for me…

let me know either way if this works for you as I am regularly pushing my cloud in different ways.

Dear WD 

CC: Community

I have the same problem and have tried all the above, but no luck.

Strangely enough I am able to connect to two folders, but not other…

See below screen dump.

It is not acceptable that WD does not find a solution. 

Using the desktop option is not as convenient and is not an option.

sorry, the screen shot is too small to read, please post larger or provide more detail

is this for local or remote access? If local file explorer/finder is a better choice for almost all usage

I am getting this now as well and it happened right after a reboot after installing these from Windows Update.

2015-06-21_11-32-07.png

2015-06-21_11-32-18.png