My cloud personal always yellow led not change to blue

hello
i have problem that now arround 10 days my cloud always give yellow led not flashing i try change ethernet cable and router all give same thing not change the yellow led ?
what is solution
thx

I have the same problem. Mine stopped working too. Have you made it work ?

no i want only to take back up for my data if possible without net if there is any way.

What specific My Cloud model are you using? Are they the single bay My Cloud model or a multi bay model? If a single bay model, what generation is it? First gen or second gen? One can determine the generation for the single bay by looking at the P/N number on the bottom of the unit, if it ends with “-00” then it is first gen. If it ends with “-10” then its second gen.

Note the My Cloud Home is a completely different device that uses a different operating system than the My Cloud line and there is a different subforum for that device.

There is much past discussion on the front LED being yellow or flashing yellow that can be found using the forum search feature, magnifying glass icon upper right.

https://community.wd.com/search?q=Yellow%20category%3A105

For many a yellow front LED may indicate some sort of network error issue. From the router conflict that is present with some ISP routers to failing to obtain an IP address from the local network router.

Some troubleshooting steps to try.
Try a different network cable.
Try connecting the network cable from the My Cloud to a different network port on the router. Most routers have four networking ports in addition to the WAN/internet port (if present).
Try connecting the My Cloud directly to a computer that has a network port.
Try connecting the My Cloud to a network switch, then connect that switch to the network router.
Try a 4 second and or 40 second reset. No user data is lost performing either of those resets.
Even though the front LED may be yellow, try accessing the My Cloud Dashboard anyway using either the My Cloud’s IP address or via it’s name.
Check the network router administration settings to see if it is listing connected devices and if the My Cloud is listed as a connected device and what it’s IP address may be.

In some rare cases its possible the unit became corrupted while performing a firmware update or if the device lost power without being properly shut down. One can attempt to recover their data from the device by removing the My Cloud internal hard drive. Its called shucking and there are numerous videos out there demonstrating the process. One then can connect that hard drive, using a USB to SATA adapter or a hard drive docking station or a spare SATA port on their PC, to a computer running Linux or that uses a Linux driver to view the drive contents. Windows 10 will not properly see or access the removed My Cloud hard drive without using a Linux driver.

i try hard reset it not give me any change what that mean thcloud is correpted or what to not waste my time? and how can use of program to take my data from it?

@wkeee7 See the post preceding your latest reply. It has a number of additional troubleshooting suggestions.

Have you tried any of the other troubleshooting suggestions beyond just doing a 4 or 40 second reset?

i try 4 and 40 sec , change cable port , change router what more should i do all give same thing solid yellow

Try connecting the My Cloud directly to a computer that has a network port.
Try connecting the My Cloud to a network switch, then connect that switch to the network router.

how can i connect my cloud directly i have mac pc after i connected with cable to my mac what should i do?

If your Mac has a Ethernet networking port, connect the My Cloud’s Ethernet to that Mac Ethernet port using an Ethernet cable. Then wait a bit and see if the front LED turns blue. Then see if the My Cloud device can be reached using Mac Finder.

i try this way it still solid yellow led what else?

If one has exhausted all the troubleshooting steps. Some of which include; trying to access the My Cloud Dashboard, to trying a network switch, to directly connecting the My Cloud to their computer, to checking if the network router was issuing the My Cloud an IP address when the My Cloud is connected to the router, then one could do what was previously mentioned a few posts up.

One can attempt to recover their data from the device by removing the My Cloud internal hard drive. Its called shucking and there are numerous videos out there demonstrating the process. One then can connect that hard drive, using a USB to SATA adapter or a hard drive docking station or a spare SATA port on their PC, to a computer running Linux or that uses a Linux driver to view the drive contents. Windows 10 will not properly see or access the removed My Cloud hard drive without using a Linux driver.

Additionally one can attempt to restore operating system to the removed My Cloud hard drive by following one of the various “unbrick” methods. One should backup their content first however as depending on the “unbrick” method one may repartition/reformat the hard drive in preparation to putting the My Cloud firmware onto the drive.