My Cloud Initial Setup

Hi, how do I do the initial setup now that support is no longer supported. I know I can’t do remote anymore but it’s for local access. Just can’t do the initial setup

@veelox
Are you trying to set up a first generation WD MY CLOUD? Is this the first time you have used it?

All I did for mine to be local only was remove remote access and turn off Internet connection.

Yes it is. I already had one and wanted to setup a new one. I had to do a new account but that’s how far I could get. I couldn’t get a username for the dashboard.

@veelox
You will not be able to set up an account. Create a User Name in the Dashboard.

Is the dashboard wdmycloud.local?
When I get there the only thing i get is the login page.

Also I am on a mac

You need to check the User Manual. I sent you a link. I have Windows 11. If you can open the Dashboard be sure to read all the Help information that is provided.

thanks, I’ve done all that, and I can’t get to the dashboard. I’ve unplugged my first WD drive in case they had the same name but still nothing.

Make sure you have a single bay My Cloud and not a single bay My Cloud Home. They are not the same device. Only the My Cloud uses the My Cloud Dashboard. Do a 40 second pin reset then try accessing the My Cloud Dashboard. If you have another single bay My Cloud on the local network with the name “wdmycloud” then try disconnecting it from the network while you setup the new single bay My Cloud. You will have to give one or both of the My Cloud devices unique names (i.e. they cannot be the same name).

My Cloud OS 3: Pin Reset & System Only Restore a (single bay) My Cloud
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/24022

My Cloud OS 3: Access the Dashboard on a (single bay) My Cloud
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/15104

Single Bay My Cloud:

Single Bay My Cloud Home

1 Like

Thank you! Yes I have the Single Bay My Cloud. It worked when I disconnected the first one, then was able to access the dashboard and change the name of the second one. Now everything seems in order. Thank you very much for your help.