My Cloud file filled up C drive - Should I delete?

Hi All,

I have a 3TB My Cloud and for a while I was having an issue with the WDtemp folder. After reading many threads on different sites I just got use to deleting it.

In the last few days I have been getting the running out of space message about 30 times a day…and now my c drive (500gb partition) is totally full and deleting the WDtemp folder makes no difference.

On the actual My Cloud drive I have only used 500GB of space. As a test I tried to add something and got the message "There is not enough space in My Cloud. You need an additional 699mb to copy these files. My Cloud Wsafe.

I have read the user manual online and cant see where it mentions this issue and have once again read many posts but cant seem to find the answer.

I bought this drive to ideally have my own “dropbox” but to fix this issue would I need to delete the My Cloud folder?

I only have this issue on my PC. My laptop and phone are fine.

If I don’t have the My Cloud folder, whats the alternative for easy access?

Many thanks.

Hi, what firmware are you running? What OS are you running? Do you have WD Sync in that computer?

Hi, thanks for replying.

I’m running firmware v04.04.02-105 on Windows 7 and have WD Sync.

I suspect you have configured WD Sync incorrectly, and it has copied the 500GB of data from MyCloud to PC (I.e. it has synchronized all files between MyCloud and PC).

What were you trying to achieve with Sync?

Easy access to what? The MyCloud file server? Sync isn’t for accessing the MyCloud; it’s for maintaining file synchronisation between devices.

The best way of accessing the MyCloud file server is to map it as a network drive into windows’ file system.