My Cloud EX2 Ultra - Lost connection suddenly

Dear All, I have a My Cloud EX2 Ultra with 1 HD of 2 TB, we have 6 notebooks working in same network of My Cloud EX2 Ultra and another 3 notebooks working from another places. Everyday the My Cloud Works fine, but 1 or 2 times per day the My Cloud lost the connection to the remote users, in this cases these 3 notebooks, and than, sometimes this issue solves automatically after waiting around 10 minutes, but sometimes i need to send the reset command form admin or power off the My Cloud EX2 Ultra.

My Firmware is updated “2.31.204” , could you please help e so solve this problem lof lost connection?

Best regards.

May want to see the dedicated subforum for the EX2 series. This subforum (My Cloud) typically discusses the single bay My Cloud device.

https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage/wd-my-cloud-ex2/109

Without knowing the exact method of remote access, the general suggestion for the single bay My Cloud line is to disable remote access through the My cloud Dashboard > Settings. Wait five to ten minutes, then re-enable remote access. One should also see if changing the My Cloud remote access from auto to manual and specify alternate remote access ports (ex: 8080 and 4443), then enable port forwarding within the network router to forward those alternate ports to the My Cloud. Sometimes the remote ports used by the My Cloud in auto/devault setting mode don’t play well with the network router when UPnP is disabled within the router or when the broadband provider restricts the default ports.

See also: