My Cloud Did Full Factory Restore, incorrect free space 1 tb missing

WD My cloud on Firmware 04.04.00-308. Previously I have used about 600+ mb and 2.3tb free space, due to some problems bet the android apps and the current firmware I decided to do a Full Factory Restore and then did a hard reset. Now I’m missing about 1tb of free space. Dashboard shows only 1.3tb free space. The drive should be showing all the 3tb free space after the Full Factory Reset. What to do? Please I need help.

Which factory reset you did? “System only” or the real full reset (which lasts serveral hours)?

Maybe some non-deletable parts are still present, try to empty the recycle bin.

I made a full factory reset.

by the way thank you for your time, Joerg_A.

How to delete the recycle bin on WD My Cloud?

The recycle bin is in the web interface under settings.

ok, thanks i’ll try to delete them.

Unless I missed it, there does not appear to be an option to enable a recycle bin nor a recycle bin in general on the single drive WD My Cloud units.

I did not find recycle bin either… Back to my problem there must be an undeleted files after the Full Factory Restore, but how to delete them?

Boah! SORRY SORRY SORRY! My fault, I haven’t checked that you are using the One-Bay My Cloud device, I only took a look at the firmware version number.

No, the One-Nay My Cloud does not have the Recycle Bin option. Please excuse my faulty recommendation.
I’ll check how this issue can be solved but need some time.

No problem, but you are right about undeleted files. It look like the WD My Cloud did a Full Factory Reset but didnt delete my files but only hide them. I want to completely access the full 3tb space on the drive.

Did some investigation on my 1-Bay My Cloud, sorry for delay.

If you do a full factory reset, all content will be wiped except the pre-installed folders like /Public or /WDSmartware or /Timemachine. If you have content in those folders, it seems that this content will no be deleted as these folders were not touched/flattened. It there still content in these pre-installed folders?

If you do a full factory reset, all content will be wiped except the pre-installed folders like /Public or /WDSmartware or /Timemachine. If you have content in those folders, it seems that this content will no be deleted

An interesting observation. And certainly not the behaviour I would expect from a ‘Full Factory Restore’, the purpose of which is to securely erase all user data from the drive, including that used for backup purposes…

i found out that when I did the Full Factory Restore, since the hard drive is too busy and slow (firmware 4.xxx made this possible) it did not fully deleted the previous files that i have on the drive. So when I hard reset (button at the back) after the Full Factory Restore the system was restored but still have files in which the dashboard don’t see. That’s why it see’s 1.3Tb only…
Now i was able to fix My Cloud using a guide from another post…
here…

Thank you very much guys! I used the firmware 3.xxx. My Cloud is now working 100%
Thank you, thank you specially FOX_EXE you’re the best!

I am having the exact same problem. I am using a 3tb WD my cloud firmware version (WDMyCloud v04.04.05-101)

after a full factory reset, twice, I am only showing 1.3 TB. Also my previously made folders are still present, with no files in them. So I am assuming, somehow the files are not there. I have perused the settings carefully, and dont see a solution for this.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!