"My Cloud device not found"

Hi All,

I’m trying to connect to My Cloud but always getting the message “My Cloud device not found”.
The device is connected to power and router and showing solid blue light.

I gave it to a fried who was able to connect to it with no issues, he even set an account which I was able to access.
Now back to my network, I can access it through internet but not intranet!

Any ideas?

Thanks

How are you trying to access it on your LAN ?, using WDQuickview , Explorer networking etc, ?

Did your Friend setup a Static IP on the MyCloud or was using DHCP to connect?

Have you tried a 40 second reset?

As Wullailhut mentioned … how are you trying to connect? You are not giving us much to go on to help you :frowning:

Hi,

Device is connected to router through cable, and my laptop is connected wireless.
I tried the application and the website (mycloud/setup), none of them is working.
On the router I can see that the device is connected.

Thanks

If you can see it in your router then get the IP address and go to your favorite browser and type in the IP address. That should take you to the MyCloud Dashboard. You do not need any software to setup a MyCloud from a local network.

What router are you using?

Hi,

I’ve done that, but I still cannot connect to it.
The router is d-link.

It’s possible that your D-Link router is doing something similar to the TPlink, OnHub and Google Routers.
Try the solution in this article and let us know the results

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15070

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately also no luck.

Thanks

Looks like an old thread but I had a similar problem and this is what worked for me.

Some wifi routers by default do not allow communication between wireless and wired devices, or for that matter any devices on the LAN.

Look for settings similar to Wireless>WirelessBasic>Enable MultiAP Isolation
If it is checked, uncheck it.

Also reserve an IP address in your router’s DHCP configuration for the my cloud device and bind it to the MAC address of the my cloud device.

Now take out the RJ45 cable from my cloud, Restart the router, Reconnect the RJ45. Go to my cloud.com/setup and try again.

These instructions are specific to D-Link router, you may have to go through your router’s UI/Documents to change the MultiAP isolation settings.

Search these terms for more info: Wireless isolation, AP Isolation, Station Isolation, or Client Isolation

Hope this helps.