My Cloud connection issue

Hello folks!

I’m using a Beetel 450TC1 Modem router. I connected the my cloud drive to a LAN port on the modem but the modem does not read/discover/show the drive and thus I have not even been able to set it up.

Tried using different LAN cables - no use.
Tried all LAN ports - no use.
Used all the LAN cables to connect laptop on all LAN ports - all confirmed fine and working.

I went over to a friend’s place thinking maybe there was a problem in the drive. He has a TP-Link router, and the drive was easily discovered/read by his router.

I will be extremely grateful for a solution! Thanks!

If you have a spare hub, switch or commercial brand router (Linksys, Netgear, etc.) you can try attaching the My Cloud to those devices then those devices to the Beetel 450TC1 device and see if the problem persists. If one uses a second router they will have to disable the DHCP server on the second router and connect one network port on the second router to the Beetel device and another network port to the My Cloud device.

re. Bennor’s suggestion, see this thread for a similar problem and explanation:

Alright thanks guys, will test and get back.

Sorry for double posting!

Previous issue was resolved by using a router as a switch. Thanks

I setup my drive and was updating it but the update failed midway, post that I was repeatedly unable to connect to the drive. I thought factory resetting it would solve the problem, but it hasn’t. I’ve got a solid blue light, the MyCloud app is able to discover the drive but when I try connecting I get an error saying “Can’t connect to this drive”. It shows the drive as offline when I try to connect through the internet using mycloud.com