Migrating from MyCloud Home to MyCloud EX2 Ultra

Hi there,

I just purchased an EX2 Ultra, set it up, upgraded to OS5 and am now about to make it replace my MyCloud Home I used for the past couple of years.
I made some research but didn’t find a good way how to transfer everything I have on my old Home to the new EX2. there must be a faster/safer way than to move folders and files via my Mac Finder or Windows Explorer…?! I can’t be the only one wanting to upgrade their backup solution and then having to copy everything via their computers when two devices hang out in the same network and could talk to each other directly…

Anyone having had the same issue? Is there a good solution?

Thanks for your help.

You are not.

There is a simple backup function in the EX2 (basically, executes a copy). . . .and that can function without a PC involvement. It was intended for copying data to/from.

Frankly; what you are asking for is quite simple. . .but beyond the imagination of the developers at WD.

come on man, they are too busy doing…

nothing

There is a simple backup function in the EX2 (basically, executes a copy). . . .and that can function without a PC involvement. It was intended for copying data to/from.

Sorry I’m wondering whether my sarcasm glasses are broken or whether I’m just too stupid to find the thing I’m looking for.
Is there such a functionality as you describe (and if yes how do i access it) or is there no such functionality?

So - - last time I tried it. . . . I copied files from an attached USB drive to an OS/5 NAS.

My OS/5 NAS has been offline for several months. . .so I can’t check if I can modify the parameters to read another drive on the network.

I have a OS/3 NAS running. . . .there is a “backup” tab that allows for USB transfers. . .but it looks like it is limited to USB drives only (how moronic).

. . . . .

@tijuco: Now, I suspect that WD software department is really primarily focused on the new EdgeRover. Frankly. . . I have not heard too much about that product. . . except that the beta period keeps getting pushed out.

I know there is a monetization aspect to EdgeRover. . . which is probably the primary driver from the get go. From the description of how that software works. . . .ain’t no way in tarnations I am letting that software anywhere near my network.

Honestly. . . .once you abandon any pretense of web connectivity (beyond Personal VPN). . . . OS/3 seems to do the job of my use cases.

1 Like

Even more puzzled after realizing that in the old MyCloud Home system, WD prepared for exactly this need:

I don’t understand why
a) no such add-on is available in the EX3 app offering
b) @WD_Admin or Support isn’t reacting to any of these requests.