Migrating from MyCloud 3 to Ultra EX2

In words of one syllable, how do I go about transfering everything on my ‘My Cloud OS 3’ to my new ‘EX2 Ultra’? Do I just connect them together with a USB or an Ethernet cable, or do I have to copy everything onto my computer from the ‘3’ and then paste it into the necessary folders on the ‘EX2’?
Thanks for your help.

Hi @Lowflyer48,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi Keerti

I’ve just opened a Support Case (Ref # 220329-002491) as per your suggestion. I thought that the community would be much faster than going directly to a large company like WD.

Hopefully, I’ll get a response soon.

Thanks and best regards

Ray

Just connect the old NAS (presumably with OS3) to your network and your new NAS (presumably with OS5) to the same network. Then use file explorer/network explorer to copy like you would between any two hard drives.

Thanks for all the tips. I hooked up the old drive to my router and the two NAS drives now ‘talk’ to rach other.
All I’ve got to do now is figure out why the EX2 Ultra fan is constantly running, even when there’s no apparent disc activity!
Cheers.