Media Player Cannot Play avi files " WDBABF0000NBK-00"

Hi,

I have a western Digital media player p/n WDBABF0000NBK-00.  Its connected to my 42inch Sumsung LCD. I connected the media player to my 2TB external harddrive.  It was playing fine for the past two months then all of a  sudden it starts  giving an error. Now the error is on all the avi files on the hard drive. 

" Your Media player cannot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. " and it advices that I got to the www.torrentmovie.com site.

How do I sort this fix this ? Whats the recommended solution. I even tried deleting the dw_tv folder on the hard drive and reset the media player to factory settings and still getting the same error.

Regards Ranga

Say what?    The WDTV actually told you go visit a TORRENT SITE?  (which doesn’t exist, by the way…)

That’s entirely odd.   Are you using some sort of hacked firmware??

Hi,

The message appears on my LCD. My firmware is very legite. My problem is that all the avi files even the ones that were playing don’t play anymore ? How do I fix that

RM

I don’t think the error message is coming from the WDTV.   I’ve looked inside the firmware and cannot find ANY reference to a torrent site.

I could be wrong, though!

Please post EXACTLY what the message says.   Do not paraphrase or edit it.

Sounds more like you’ve downloaded a file with a virus…

The error message you’re reporting is not one I’m familiar with on any of the WD TV units…

I’d get your PC antivirus software up to date and then run a virus scan on your external drive to rule that out.

Hi,

This is the message I’m getting.

Your Media Player cannot play  the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Please visit http://torrentmovie-help.com for  web help.

The files are avi

It’s a fake file.  You downloaded an AVI of a message telling you to visit a scam site.

Read this:

http://www.moviecodec.com/general/hdmi2com-uploadvidnet-torrentm8com-torrentmovie-helpcom-44398/

Hahah!! That’s funny. Ya get what you pay for when you download pirated movies. But there is a silver lining… Your WDTV CAN play the files!!