Mapping network drive

Good evening

i have just purchased My Cloud Home device and i am trying to map a network drive on both my brothers and my machine

i have it plugged into the router and am able to access it through the app or desktop when i sign in but it is not showing in the list of devices on the network page

appreciate any help

thanks
Chris

You need to install the WD Discovery software on both machines and login. The unit will then automatically map itself as drive Z, assuming your on Windows and PC’s. Not sure about MAC’s

A friend managed to help and mapped using the ip

thank you

How did you do that? Did you map the IP address with the public folder or the personal folder?

Not 100% sure I believe a subfolder within public

But can you see that folder in the mobile app?

No

I did find this strange, is there a way to change that ?

im a 2 days user, so far as i know you can only access files from wd discovery that will automatically map the Z drive but you will get slow transfer speeds

No It’s impossible.
Mapping the MCH using the IP is only for local usage and will not be available on the Mobile app or anywhere online.

As gibbylinks stated, you need to install the WD Discovery app on both machines.
If you are using the same account on both machines, that would not be a problem.
But if you are using 2 different accounts, you will have to create a shared folder (using the owner account) from home.mycloud.com and then share it with your second account.

[DELETED OLD REPLY]

As of firmware 8.12.x, “local network access” can now be enabled with username/password in the MCH’s settings! We can now connect directly to the shares.

It still is not enabled I think in firmware 8.12.x, as my connection despite being on same LAN and having UPnP, still says “Relay” not “Direct”. There for I cannot enable “local network access”, as that’s one of the requirements.

Enabling “local network Access” in the settings, means you can now access your shares via Windows Explorer / SMB. It has nothing to do with UPnP, “Relay” or “Direct” as far as I am aware.

Sorry, but it does have to do with it, see FAQ: How to Enable Local Network Access to Data on My Cloud Home and ibi Using the Dashboard

" * Access to the Dashboard is not supported or possible if the Web or Mobile app connection status is not “local”."