Make the USB Port Bidirectional

I’ve got a My Cloud Home 1 bay device, and when I connect a USB disk device, I just can copy files in one direction: USB disk device ==>t; My Cloud Home

So this way is easy import data trought the USB port to the My Cloud Home device,
the problem is that I can’t export data trought the USB port from the My Cloud Home device to a USB disk.

I’d like to have the possibility to copy in both directions USB disk device <==>; My Cloud Home

Hi AdolfoSerrano,

Unforyunately, NAS to USB backups are not supported in My Cloud Home device. You can import, copy or backup USB Content to a My Cloud Home but My Cloud Home to USB backup is not supported. You can refer below KBA for further details:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=18256#subject2

I hope that function will be incorporated soon,
because I sincerely see that it is the Achilles heel of the product that places it behind their competitors.

I vote for this as well. Lack of expansion capability is a key flaw

On the my cloud home device there is a usb port available.
But that usb port is only for import data to the my cloud home device.

It is really strange that export by using the USB port is not available!
Users always want to make a backup of the data on the my cloud home device to another external device.
Now all the data is put on the my cloud home device and there is no other way to make a copy of the data using WIFI!

Make the export functionaity for the USB port available, so people can backup their data!
Now the My cloud home device is not a good product

1 Like

I think this a joke. There’s no way you can do a backup of your drive! No USB export and not even by wifi as the drive doesn’t appear on the network so you can setup an automated backup.

Regarding this subject a beta test is ongoing and there are news.

Check this topic:

Cheers

Of course, why are you so surprised? The best way to keep your clients is to keep them captive.
If you can’t backup your files, you can’t change of editor…
Then you can also propose a support which one’s can’t use (each time I’ve tried to open a case to explain my issues, after filing all the information I get an error page saying ‘sorry, this service is unavailable’!
In my case, after testing it for a week without finding any good in it I’m backing my files to my computer and trash it for a Synology DS218Play.