macOS Rebuilding without G-RAID with Thunderbold Configurator

Hey guys. I know, this topic came up several times now:
The configurator app shows the all-time classic »No devices found« on my M1 macOS running Sonoma 14.0.
I bought the G-RAID in 2021 not knowing that the proprietary software is garbage … but I moved on. Back then I had this issue too, but somehow managed to work around it … But now I want to swap one of the drives out for a new one but can’t get this da​​mn software to work.

Is there some other way to rebuild a drive after swapping it out for a new one? Or do I have to rely on the WD-Gods to bring a new, working macOS software to us poor people?

EDIT:
I’m since in contact with the support, but they suggest me to just use the mac Utility – which obviously does not work because the RAID exposes itself as a single drive to the OS (or do I miss something here?). It really feels like I’m communicating with a chat bot atm.

Hi @lacombe ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I’m already in contact, but the only advice is to just use an old mac … because the last update is from 2017 – 6 years ago.
I mean, it is not solvable unless I have access to an old mac – just to use your state of the art G-RAID with Thunderbolt application.

I kindly ask you, to bring this issue to a higher authority to just release a new version of your software – really. It’s just a shame that WD seemed to abandoned G-RAID and let all customers down for some reason.

I’m really really disappointed that there seems to be basically no solution yet. It is just not possible to use G-RAID on modern macOS – what a world to be alive … oh man.