G-RAID USB 12TB "Device not found"

Hi there, I have a G-RAID USB 2x6TB, in RAID 0 or 1, and I would like to change the RAID set-up. I have the “G-RAID Software Utility” installed on a Windows 10 machine but it is always saying “Device not found”, despite the drive working perfectly. The “G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator” does the same, but mine is USB only. I would be grateful if someone could help, because we spent hours trying to figure this out and there is probably a very simple solution. Regards

Hi, I’m in the same situation. I’ve tried Windows 7, macOS Mavericks, macOS Yosemite, macOS Catalina. I’ve only managed to find the G-RAID with ThunderBolt Configurator and always get the same “No devices found” error. I’ve been troubleshooting this issue for 3 days now. I’ve tried different drives & different cables and feel like giving up. Mines also USB with FW800, same issue regardless of how I connect it. So frustrating and wish I could find some help.

After days of troubleshooting I finally found this after a lot of searching. Works a treat, used windows 7 in a virtual machine. Hope it helps you too.

Many thanks for this, so far so good. My 12TB is now showing at 2 x 6TB.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, I was so happy to get mine working and knowing it’s helped you too is brilliant. All the best!

Out of curiosity, how did you find this? I am usually quite good at finding things.

4 pints of beer followed by endless searching. I worked out what the exact name of the original utility was called then searched for that name with the word “archive” and that’s how I found it.