MacOS Catalina support 10.15

When can we expect support for this operating system. It seems the new OS has broken desktop functionality. You can only access the files via the web now.

Thanks

2 Likes

macOS Catalina 10.15 is still in beta. It’s my experienced that Beta OS will change quite a bit and most software vendors do not support beta versions for that very reason.

Hi,
Would you be kind enough to check whether Catalina does support TimeMachine with My Cloud Home (i.e. over AFP)?

Thanks

AF

Bump as I am waiting for Catalina support as well.

How long they need to make a WD Discovery update for Catalina…?
the 10.15 is now in Beta 4 status…and runs very good…

i think they wait the final release like last year.

I’m also waiting.
It’s embarrassing this is not yet fixed.

WD really â– â– â– â– â– .

1 Like

Truth to be said, if My Cloud Home used standard interfaces (SMB shares), I guess it would be less of an issue to run beta versions of the OS.

Could anyone of you confirm whether TimeMachine on My Cloud Home is still supported with Catalina?

It’s rather ridiculous that we’re hours away from Mac OS Catalina launching and this is still broken. Come on WD!

2 Likes

today Apple release GM of Catalina. The public release it’s planned for the next week or in any case before September ends

2 Likes

Just don’t update until it’s sorted - it’s as simple as that!!
That’s what majority of professional users have to do when they use their macs for Work eg cad software etc…me incl…stop making an issue where there currently isn’t one…it’s still in beta…

We all know, that Catalina is still in beta and will not be released this month. Maybe the solution can be (and will also help *unix customers) to make the volumes accessible via SMB or NFS locally. Not the funny Cloud-like software. If the volumes of My Cloud Home can be locally accessible via standard protocol - it will end the threads about “when will the support be available…”. Make this little ■■■■■■ box great again.

2 Likes

And… Apple released GM version of Catalina. So, WD… how’s your software? Should we wait until release .1 or .2?

2 Likes

WD…!!!
OS Catalina is now official…please give us the “WD Discovery Update”…
can’t wait…

2 Likes

macOS Catalina is officially released! WD, when you guys will take action on the new OS support?

4 Likes

Mycloud Home folder no longer shows up in Finder, I thought that this would have been sorted before Catalina went live… I can no longer access my files direct on my Mac nor can I sync my folders.

2 Likes

We’d appreciate an update on macOS support. It’s clear this has been challenging for Western Digital to deal with quickly, but silence only makes it worse.

2 Likes

Yep like Mojave we are facing a browser only access. I just don’t get why WD doesn’t work on that when the os are in beta and so everyone could continue with a normal work.

Status posted here…
WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

1 Like

Ok so another day without accessing my files in Catalina… many compliments!

1 Like