Looking for help with My Cloud and 2Wire

Good morning, I am hoping someone out there can help me set up My Cloud for remote access. I have it set up and functioning well now, but only on my local network.

I have AT&T as my broadband provider thru their uverse service. My setup is using a router behind a router, i.e. a Netgear R7000 and a 2Wire 3801HGV.

If anyone could offer any assistance I would be grateful.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

What i did on my setup which is my modem then my AC 1750 router was, forwarding the ports to my router from my modem, then from my router either having Upnp enabled or forwarding the ports from the router to the MyCloud unit, once you have setup a port forward rule make sure you have a static IP on you router also on your MyCloud unit so the IP does not change once you have any power interruption. This is how i worked with my setup but i have no experience with your type of modem so i recommend reading a little bit about your modem before trying anything. Hopefully another user with a similar setup can assist you on this matter.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, it gives me a place to start at. My expertise in this area is pitifull. 

I tried talking with WD’s tech support and they said I should check with AT&T and you can guess where

AT&T sent me!!