Live went from Blinking Green to Solid Green, now to Blue with Yellow Intermittent Flash

Been using my MyBook Live and everything was running fine today. Was transferring some files from the Live to another USB Drive when it went from blinking green to solid green. At that point my Live connection died. I’ve unplugged for several minutes and also tried resetting from the back panel with no luck. Just stays a steady blue with an intermittent yellow flash. Not sure where to go from here. Hate to break the shell apart to get to drive and then connect via a USB connector, as I had to do that with another Live that could not be seen when trying to rescue / recover files. Software required a USB connection.

Hi tiswift ,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

They don’t seem to support the older “Network / Ethernet” MyBooks. I actually got it working again. Used some past IT Experience and did a small drop of the drive. Seems the heads may have gotten stuck, so the light jolt has put it back in action. While the USB Versions are okay - they don’t afford true “network” connectivity if connected to your PC, although many routers do have a USB Port and ReadyShare. That is a solution I like to have as a backup drive sitting on one PC does me no good when I need those files on another PC without using SneakerNet.

Thanks

Terry L. Swift