MyBookLive yellow solid light

Okay, This drive has a LOT of my data on it.

Some of it I need to recover, some I don’t care if I lose but I also think I have a LOT of family pictures on it.

It worked flawlessly for a few years.

Now the light stays solid and my modem list of devices only shows it as inactive.

I held down the reset button for the 4 seconds the manual said to do that for, and then the light went from yellow to Green. But the modem still said that IP was inactive. I tried to load the ui through the IP address, but it just goes to: " This site can’t be reached 192.168… took too long to respond."

and when I looked at it again, it again is solid yellow.

I have also traded ethernet cords from my other mybooklive that is still working.
same thing.

The other one still works.

So, is there something I can do to get this working again? I want to at least recover my data.
I bought another one and it is a 3TB drive, (also a MYBOOKLIVE drive).

I was able to get into the UI of the 3TB new drive, I setup the users, and secured the password. but I still cannot get it to map to the drive, says I don’t have permssions to connect. But at least I can get into it in the ui. The other one is not even recognized. Hope someone knows something I can do.

Thanks.
-Richard

Is the green Ethernet light on Ethernet connector blinking ?
I this led is off probably the Ethernet port is not working. Try to connect it to a different port of the switch or of the router.