Linux filesystems *NOT* supported by My Cloud?

When we last saw our Fearless Hero, he was commenting within the thread Safe shutdown about how to shut the My Cloud down without trashing the hard drives. . . .

As I noted there, there is a very cleverly hidden binary command called (drum-roll please!) “halt”. As in "smack your head with your palm “halt” "

If there was a “Doh!” emoticon, I’d be using it now.

The way you use it is from within a SSH shell - log in, and then type the command “halt”. Hit the enter key, and watch the lights on your My Cloud unit do their Death Dance as it (gracefully!) shuts itself down, without trashing the hard drives.

Once the front panel light goes off, the filesystems are unmounted, drives parked, power removed, and it’s ready and raring to be thrown into a duffel-bag and shlepped to God Only Knows Where.

Jim “JR”

p.s. Why they can’t link a button from the Webmin page, or from within the totally useless Windows app, to the obviously existing “halt” function is beyond me. When I get the chance, maybe there’s a way to edit the dashboard page to add a button that links to the halt command, 'eh?

See you all on the other side!

Jim “JR”