Issues with latest MacOs Sierra version

HI
My Mac upgraded to 10.12.5 16F73 on 27 06 2017. Since that moment I can not access my WD My Passport Ultra 2TB any more.

• When I plug in the WD My Passport Ultra 2TB in my daughters Mac running an old OS X it’s working fine.
  • I Checked for updates with the downloadsoftware of WD and it is telling me that I have the latest version.
  • I also plugged in a WD Elements disk in my Mac to see how that was reacting and that’s working fine…

Is there some one out there that can give me the golden tip on how I can connect the WD My Passport Ultra 2TB to my Mac (with the latest software)

Received this from WD support. This is so lame that I can hardly fathom it. Sierra has been out since September and they see to be simply writing off all of those customers. Unbelievable. Why should I ever buy a WD drive again?

"Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is …

I have read your description carefully. I would like to ask you if you have ever used that device with Sierra. Because as you can see in page 2 Sierra is not compatible:
User Manual (PDF)

Sierra is much more recent OS in regard with the MyBook and so it is not tested if works properly.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further."

Is this serious? They do not support Sierra? I just bought my WD just 6 months ago!

Yes, very serious, as I see it.