My passport pro no longer recognized after upgrade to Sierra

My passport pro no longer recognized after upgrade to Sierra. Is there an updated driver?

Note:

• Drive does not show up in Disk Utilities.

• Is there a known process to get this drive back on Sierra?

• Also, I know the drive works fine. Works fine on my other mac.

• Is there a firmware upgrade needed … so that this drive will be detected on Sierra?

Marshall

There are no firmware updates available for the WD My Passport Pro at the time of this post:

What version of Mac OS does it run?

el capitan of the mac OS works.

Is there a shop in Seattle that I can take this drive to … to have it looked at?

Marshall

Is Western Digitial working on a solution for this? I have 2 WD My Passport drives that are no longer recognized when connected to the updated mac with Sierra. Been searching for days and finally convinced the issue is lack of compatability with Sierra but downgrading just to get the files off these drives is a shame. Then are the drives useless as we continue to upgrade OS? Western Digital should address this. There are thousands of complaints about this online.

Are you all saying you had El Capitan when up upgraded to Sierra?

I have an iMac that came with El Capitan and upgraded to Sierra because I was having problems. Didn’t fix it, so I am wondering about upgrading to High Sierra, but not sure the
WD will read Sierra if I back up now on an Ext. Harddrive, or if it will read the High Sierra
hard drive.

Any advice on the best Ext. HD to buy for this because I want a divorce from iCloud which ate one too many of my files, now gone forever.

Lost all my files when I upgraded… I would say backup ur drive to something else before doing it.

So, if I understand you correctly, you had already been using the new OS (El Capitan or later, and lost those files when you upgraded to the newer system?

Correct… I’m also saying that this may not happen to you … but I would definitely backup the data somewhere else before upgrading and trying to plug ur drive in after upgrading to Sierra.

1 Like

Thank you, I will. Hopefully, this will fix the ongoing problem with the iMac.
I woudl rather find a Video Card that will work for my late 2008 Mac Pro. . . the only reason under heaven it is useable. Never had a bit of problem with Steve Jobs’ Macs. :pensive: