Is there a fix WD MYCloud available for external FTP access?

Last April external access to MYCloud FTP stopped working. I have tested the support with the online FTP connection tool. I am able to use it on my local net but cannot use it externally. I am able to connect to My Cloud, and login and switch to a different subdirectory but I am unable to get a directory listing so it seems the port forwarding and configuration are correct.

Has anyone had any success with getting a directory listing externally?

What My Cloud model are you using with what version firmware?

Is the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Network > FTP option enabled/set to On.

Are you port forwarding port 21 to the IP address of the My Cloud? have you double checked that the IP address of the My Cloud matches that used by the port forwarding rule to ensure they match?

Its also possible your broadband provider may be blocking port 21 so run a port scan check at sites like http://canyouseeme.org/ to see if the port is open or if it times out (connection refused).

Thanks for your reply. I think some of your questions are answered in my original post because I am able to connect, login, switch to other sub directories on My Cloud. The problem occurs when I try to get a directory listing. Am I wrong? I can’t answer the hardware and software questions you asked because I am in Thailand and the My Cloud is in the US. Some other people having a similar problem believe that the MyCloud is able to connect , login, switch sub directories and then disconnects before getting the directory list.

What FTP client are you using?

For my testing I am using Network Tools, Port Checker and Online FTP Connection Tester with the FTP support in WD MyCloud. I get the same results with several other FTP testers and with my Trendnet camera.

I forgot that I have also worked with ATT U-verse Support to verify that the path all the way from Thailand to MyCloud is open.

There is a known networking issue with AT&T supplied Uverse routers/gateways and the My Cloud devices. The current solution is to put a switch in between the My Cloud and the AT&T Uverse router/gateway. If have the My Cloud connected directly to the AT&T Uverse router you could be experiencing this issue.

Thanks for your response. There is a switch between the the My Cloud and the AT&T U-verse router gateway. It is part of the standard U-verse installation.

Hello,
Anyone here knows how to access, from an external network, to my shares folders .
The share folders are set following the ftp configuration.
Thanks