Is the Live Plus ever getting a firmware update?

Im past my 30 day return and i assumed we would get some kind of updates. Ive already seen the regular Live get a couple beta updates but nothing for live plus owners. Throw us a freaken bone here. 

Here’s my guess.   

First, the Plus and the Live are based on the same “core” components, and are forks of the same 1.03.x firmware.

The 1.03x firmware included a new release of Sigma’s SDK core, which introduced a lot of HDMI issues that WD wasn’t able to reproduce in their labs, or affected what they thought was a very small percentage of users.

As a result of having the same core, It appears as though both the Live+ and the Live Betas are having the same issues, so WD is attempting to correct them in the “Beta” code before issuing a “Public” release.

Since the Live+ was introduced, there have been three Beta releases for the live, and while the HDMI situation is improving, it has not been resolved for a large base of users.

I’m guessing a lot of this “Waiting” is on Sigma to fix their code.  Apparently, this HDMI issue is a tricky one for them to track down…

The Live+ also adds Netflix, which has its own list of fairly annoying bugs that WD reported they were still trying to fix.

I would wager that both the Live “Public” release and the Live+'s first upgrade will be within a few days of each other.

I have dibs on Christmas! :slight_smile:

I hope it’s not that long.

I have owned this box for about two months now, and have never been able to use Live365 as a VIP member. Support confirmed the problem and said it would be fixed in the next firmware update. In addition to a few other problems that have popped up, this box is still in “beta” mode.

I owned the “Live” unit for about a week before the Plus came out. It worked perfectly, including the Live365 feature. Seeing that the Plus was the same box, with Netflex added, I returned the Live and exchanged it for the Plus. It was a lot different experience as it seemed like a much different product. One that was not quite as smooth operating as the Live. Even the Netflex part needed to be reset twice as I was getting the “cannot connect to your Queue” error.

I don’t regret my purchase as Network Shares works fairly smooth, and Netflex works after the two time reset. I just hope they smooth out the rough edges pretty soon.

Jackster wrote:
I have dibs on Christmas! :slight_smile:

Hmmm – I’ll take the “under” on that one (now, if someone wants to take Halloween I might take the over).

JohninLA wrote:

I hope it’s not that long.

I have owned this box for about two months now, and have never been able to use Live365 as a VIP member. Support confirmed the problem and said it would be fixed in the next firmware update. In addition to a few other problems that have popped up, this box is still in “beta” mode.

I owned the “Live” unit for about a week before the Plus came out. It worked perfectly, including the Live365 feature. Seeing that the Plus was the same box, with Netflex added, I returned the Live and exchanged it for the Plus. It was a lot different experience as it seemed like a much different product. One that was not quite as smooth operating as the Live. Even the Netflex part needed to be reset twice as I was getting the “cannot connect to your Queue” error.

I don’t regret my purchase as Network Shares works fairly smooth, and Netflex works after the two time reset. I just hope they smooth out the rough edges pretty soon.

So what problem do you have with live365? What exactly did ‘support’ confirm because as far as I am aware nobody has had any problem on this forum with live365.

I am just curious why some of the stuff in the Ideas Lab has been under review or consideration for over a year, and not implemented. Do you guys have like one High School Nerd working on your firmware in their study lab of something? Hire b.Rad, [deleted], or release the firmware as open source code …

Hi Rich, here’s the link to my original post about this:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WD-TV-Live-Plus-and-Live365/m-p/28150/

highlight/true#M8368

You had responded to that post and confirmed that you were also having problems with the firmware. I still can’t access my Presets on the Live Plus.

Thanks.

JohninLA wrote:

Hi Rich, here’s the link to my original post about this:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/WD-TV-Live-Plus-and-Live365/m-p/28150/

highlight/true#M8368

You had responded to that post and confirmed that you were also having problems with the firmware. I still can’t access my Presets on the Live Plus.

Thanks.

Gosh how time flies. Sorry I forgot all about that!!!

I have updated to the latest beta firmware on the live and I can tell you that Live365 is now OK. I can access recommendations and my presets. As the firmware for the Live and Live plus share a common base this means that the next update for the live plus should solve your problems. (fingers crossed)

Thanks very much. I’ve been patiently waiting, so hopefully it won’t be too long. Take care.

Up to now, newest fw version is   1.03.29_B   , isn’t it? Obviously i’m talking about Live Plus

Yep; that’s the first (and only) version thus far.

By the way, I’ll take the UNDER on both predictions made so far…

No fair – the FCC would fine you heavily (for “insider” trading).

smrdelj wrote:

Up to now, newest fw version is   1.03.29_B   , isn’t it? Obviously i’m talking about Live Plus

No its 1.03.38_V

V= Villa = WDTV Live B= Bungallow = WDTV Live+