1.03.29_b

I received a WD TV Live Plus from Amazon  a week ago.  I had nothing but problems  with it.  I sent it back and  got another one from Best Buy and it works perfectly.  I remember that the one from Amazon had firmware 1.03.29_B in it and the one from Best Buy has 1.02 ???.  I Thought you could not get 1.03.29_B yet.  How did the Amazon unit have this firmware?

1 Like

chuckd3 wrote:

I received a WD TV Live Plus from Amazon  a week ago.  I had nothing but problems  with it.  I sent it back and  got another one from Best Buy and it works perfectly.  I remember that the one from Amazon had firmware 1.03.29_B in it and the one from Best Buy has 1.02 ???.  I Thought you could not get 1.03.29_B yet.  How did the Amazon unit have this firmware?

Thats because you have not got a WDTV Live plus - it looks like you have a live. Has it got netflix?

richUK wrote:

chuckd3 wrote:

Thats because you have not got a WDTV Live plus - it looks like you have a live. Has it got netflix?

Yes it had Netflix.

chuckd3 wrote:

richUK wrote:

chuckd3 wrote:

Yes it had Netflix.

Does that mean yes it has netflix. If it is a live plus have you tried updating the firmware via the internet. There is no beta firmware for the live plus yet so it should download any official firmware automatically.

Live+ never had a 1.02 code.   There’s only been one release of code (1.03.29B) on the Live+, so if the one you just bought has 1.02, then you probably bought a live.

Make sure you look at the sticker.   God forbid someone bought a Live+ and then returned their LIVE in the same box (meaning, they STOLE a Live+… )

I’m not condoning it, but knowing human nature…