WDTV Live Plus Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_B (10/19/10)

Attention WD TV Live Users,

Thank you being patient with us.  Once again we are offering a  Limited Public Beta for the WD TV Live Plus product.  In this beta release, we are still trying to correct the HDMI issues that are currently being experienced by some of our users.  We are limiting this to the first few hundred people who download it.  Feel free to install it, but be aware this is beta firmware that we are still testing, so use it at your own risk.

Also, don’t start new threads with this release.  Please let us know here in this thread how it goes.  That way we can track your experience more effectively.

WD TV Live Plus Firmware Limited Public Beta Release

http://wdc.com/wdtvliveplus_limitedpublicbetarelea​se/

This package is a little different; there’s a ZIP inside the ZIP…   So, pay attention to what you’re doing when you try to install it.  :)  You’ll need to open the SECOND zip to find the three files.

My TV is LG 55LX6500:

– HDMI auto comes up as 720p instead of 1080p60.

– Not sure if this is true or not, but running in 1080p24 seemed to be causing UI hangs; had to reboot via power-plug four times.

– Audio is ahead of video when running in 1080p24 mode.

Keeps finding New firmware on USB stick, thinks it’s v 2.03.43. Still can’t  register device with  Netflix from Canada.

bromont wrote:

Keeps finding New firmware on USB stick, thinks it’s v 2.03.43. Still can’t  register device with  Netflix from Canada.

The release notes state that the only change is:

• Resolved HDMI negotiation issue found in previous release

The Netflix issue is not mentioned, and WD have not confirmed a timetable for fixing it.

Did a hard reset after updating to beta firmware, and could not get netflix to connect no matter what.  Rolled back to orginal firmware, set up netflix, and was able to connect.  Went back to beta firmware after rollback, and was able to connect to netflix.  Seems issue is getting netfix to connect after a hard reset with beta firmware. 

WD please put as much effort into your firmware in regards to Netflix as you are with the HDMI issue.  The end user purchased the plus for Netflix, and the having to hard reset to get connection back is getting to be a real pain with the current firmware.  You know the issue: Suddenly can’t connect to Netflix and have to reset the WD plus and reactivating the unit with Netflix.  This is a HUGE problem for us plus owners, and your efforts to correct this problem with upcoming firmware would be greatly appreciated…

Sony KDL 26M4000

HDMI connection was extremely unreliable on V 1.03.39

V 1.03.43_B  has been rock solid since I installed it.

As has been mentioned, the VER file is 2.03.43, so the firmware will keep being re-found for as long as the flash drive is present.

Upgrade went smoothly.

Netflix crashed / screen went blank on first attempt to access. Power-cycled and reset firmware back to factory defaults. Set network back up and Netflix loaded but it could not access Internet, despite network connection being present. Tried YouTube, which worked fine. Retried Netflix and it was able to connect, providing an Activation code.

After a restart, Netflix is accessible no problem.

Just had a power cut / brown out (thankfully AFTER updating). The Plus turned on before the TV, which is usually a recipe for a blank screen. Surprisingly, the Home screen popped up no problem. It’s set to HDMI (auto). Resolution is correctly set to 1080p. TV is a Panasonic Viera TH-C42FD18 (42" plasma).

Need to do a little more testing but so far this seems like a fairly solid release.

Ty

Can’t get the live to load the firmware from usb stick. It only will look for updates online. I tried both usb slots. I have no icon called Firmware Upgrade, I only have the option to “Check for Upgrade”.

Does it require an USB hardrdive or previous beta?

I’m running the latest official firmware that the unit downloaded itself from the Internet.

No, chances are you’re using the wrong files.

What part number is your WDTV ?

mriesenb wrote:

Can’t get the live to load the firmware from usb stick. It only will look for updates online. I tried both usb slots. I have no icon called Firmware Upgrade, I only have the option to “Check for Upgrade”.

Does it require an USB hardrdive or previous beta?

I’m running the latest official firmware that the unit downloaded itself from the Internet.

Do you have a live or a live plus? This firmware is for the Live Plus only. 

The beta firmware for the Live is here

http://wdc.com/wdtvlive_limitedpublicbetarelease/

Post any comments for the Live firmware here

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-Limited-Public-Beta-Firmware-Version-1-03-43-V-10-19/td-p/69082

You only need to the put the 3 firmware files in the root of a USB flash drive. If the unit recognises it then a ‘new firmware’ icon will be shown.

I’m using my Live Plus with a Sylvania LD220SSX combo TV/DVD player.  With 1.03.29, I was having audio sync issues with some of my .MP4s, and with 1.03.39, I was having the HDMI sync issue.

1.03.43 seems to have corrected both problems.

Well done, buy the team a beers.

-c

HDMI now works fine.

I wasn’t having any trouble with the last firmware but decided to try this latest one. It installed fine and the only comment I will make is to say I had to reset the audio settings back to digital.

My setup:

WDTV Live Plus (3 weeks old)

Yamaha RX-V765 (1 yr old)

Sony KDL-46XBR6 (2 yrs old)

Verizon FIOS wired network (Actiontec MI424-WR (2 yrs old)

Question: Does the Live Plus support Gigabit Ethernet and does it make a difference if your wired network is gigabit or not ?

blueribb wrote:

Question: Does the Live Plus support Gigabit Ethernet and does it make a difference if your wired network is gigabit or not ?

Answers:

No, and not to any practical extent…

Correct! It was for the plus. I now installed the beta for the Live and it works. First though my tv kept on telling me that it could not display the resolution. since I couldn’t see what the live was doing, I connected it to a computer screen with hdmi and I had normal picture. Then I placed it back to the tv and it worked immediately…

Resolved Issue: I have a Sharp and i had the handshaking issue earlier it has been cleared, set up is solid.

Problem: MP4 files have no audio when set to digital, earlier i could get audio via my av reciever, now reciever shows no input, all other formats work fine. the issue where some MP4 files used to stop playing at around 20 minutes has been resolved, but with no audio out on digital setting. other then that, all seems fine, in Canada so could no test Netflix

Can we get an update on what is going on with netflix in Canada

Still having Netflix issue (cannot connect to Netflix). Reverted back to orignial firmware and problem is resolved!

Netflix works with new beta until unit is shut off for awhile, then cannot reconnect after powered back up.

3 part reset does not help.