Is it worth wasting my time trying to get an RMA anymore?

It’s been two weeks since WD support claimed that they were going to allow me to do the advanced RMA for my failing WD PR4100. Couldn’t do it on the website, and their level 2 tech was unable to do it himself. They keep telling me that the case has been escalated to the RMA team and that they’ll get back to me in 24-48 hours. I’ve heard this from countless reps and Brandon P here at the forums. Nothing has been done so far and there is no way to contact the RMA team. I am starting to assume that they are not a real team over at WD and that all of the reps are just giving me the run around.

On top of that, I’m reading about the rampant shipping issues that everyone is having here on the forums with incorrect items being shipped and things not getting shipped at all. In all honesty, is it worth wasting my time pursuing this anymore?

It’s horrible service now that they got rid of their Kentucky warehouse & outsourced it to Calexico - basically Mexico. WD has become a traitorous company…

And as for the RMA service itself, they have liar employees that come here to reply “Check your messages” but they don’t resolve or investigate or report anything to management at all. They simply want everyone else reading this to believe they are resolving delays & issues, but they aren’t.

They have charged me over $300 for a 16TB replacement, and that was on August 26, and they still haven’t even shipped my item.

https://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/RMA_Status.aspx?r=na4bMpDEYgBhCMJ/rOxEjAfpredf58GS8HiMtt/dDLxvnPqo491a6zvI5MnmRK+gssat4sXA++WTyCVUGdPmUA==

It is false advertisement to claim advanced RMA is 3-5 days. . . .I see 20+ complaints in the past 30 days on this forum from other victims

Don’t waste your time.

Even when their new warehouse doesn’t steal your item, and they actually ship, they ship you random nonsense. I just sent them my complaint:

PLEASE TELL MANAGEMENT AND YOUR WAREHOUSE THAT THEY SHIPPED WRONG ITEM! RMA 87619707 I NEEDED 6TB RED PRO WD6003FFBX BUT I SEE ON MY RMA YOU CHANGED IT TO 6TB BLACK WD6003FZBX THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU CANNOT REPLACE 6TB RED PRO WITH 6TB BLACK!!! YOUR NEW WAREHOUSE IS VERY BAD! PLEASE SHIP CORRECT ITEM!!!!!!

Here is the proof people

https://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/RMA_Status.aspx?r=F+u/sdpoRxf+hz5JQiKszGpgnz+laAp30ACwha4crXUsaDpTNKtc2axLu3t2rXQuwVF7fbHTIu+ii54JglPvNg==

They changed the model on me when they shipped.

Who does that?

No wonder the WDC stock price has crashed from $100 to $55 in the last 3 months.

Don’t waste your time

Even when WD Warehouse ships, they ship the wrong item

I needed a 6TB Red Pro replacement, they shipped me a 6TB Black instead! And that was after I waited 2+ weeks!

Here is the support claim I submitted:

PLEASE TELL MANAGEMENT AND YOUR WAREHOUSE THAT THEY SHIPPED WRONG ITEM! RMA 87619707 I NEEDED 6TB RED PRO WD6003FFBX BUT I SEE ON MY RMA YOU CHANGED IT TO 6TB BLACK WD6003FZBX THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU CANNOT REPLACE 6TB RED PRO WITH 6TB BLACK!!! YOUR NEW WAREHOUSE IS VERY BAD! PLEASE SHIP CORRECT ITEM!!!!!!

Anyways, hope none of you invested in WDC stock. They crashed from $100 to $55 in the last 3 months for decisions like moving their warehouse from Kentucky to calexico (mexico).

Horrible service now.

Don’t waste your time

Even when WD Warehouse ships, they ship the wrong item

I needed a 6TB Red Pro replacement, they shipped me a 6TB Black instead! And that was after I waited 2+ weeks!

Here is the support claim I submitted:

PLEASE TELL MANAGEMENT AND YOUR WAREHOUSE THAT THEY SHIPPED WRONG ITEM! RMA 87619707 I NEEDED 6TB RED PRO WD6003FFBX BUT I SEE ON MY RMA YOU CHANGED IT TO 6TB BLACK WD6003FZBX THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU CANNOT REPLACE 6TB RED PRO WITH 6TB BLACK!!! YOUR NEW WAREHOUSE IS VERY BAD! PLEASE SHIP CORRECT ITEM!!!

Anyways, hope none of you invested in WDC stock. They crashed from $100 to $55 in the last 3 months for decisions like moving their warehouse from Kentucky to calexico (mexico).

Horrible service now…Seagate stock has surpassed WDC. Never thought I’d see the day.