I cannot connect to TimeMachineBackup

I recently replaced my router and had to reset the My Cloud to get it back onto my network.
I would like to be able to use the My Cloud for my Time Machine backups from my MacBook Pro.
I mapped the My Cloud (using the IP address) and I can browse all my shares in the Finder.
But when I try to choose the TimeMachineBackup for my Time Machine I enter my name and password and I get this error:

"There was a problem connecting to the server “WDMyCloud”.
“Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your system administrator.”

Hi, try to map the drive using AFP. However before telling you how to do it, what version of Mac OS X do you have?

I have El Capitan, 10.11.3

As an FYI many are reporting a variety of issues with El Capitan and the My Cloud. There is much discussion, and some possible workarounds to some issues, in the following thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/support-os-x-el-capitan/96744

After configuring my WD drive with a static IP address and mapping the drive i OSX I don’t have any trouble connecting to most of the shares on the drive.

I still cannot set my Time Machine to back up to the TimeMachineBackup portion of the WD My Cloud.

What router do you have?

Asus RT-N66U

So no further posts about this problem. Am I just out of luck? They advertise being able to use the drive with Time Machine.