How to setup for a proxy enabled network?

I want to setup My Cloud at my college lab, we have a proxy server. How can I setup the Mycloud Home? I have a static ip for My Cloud Home.

Hi Dishendra,

Please know the network proxies are limited per your organizational privacy. My cloud home need be proxy enabled network. We have not tested the WD My Cloud Home device with proxy limited network.

Have you tried to test the WD Cloud home with a limited proxy network? I don’t really think that it would work, to be honest. I ain’t sure about that to be honest, however, in case you try to use another device it might be all good. As i am sure about the fact that having a static ip should actually help in this situation. Also you should take into consideration the fact that the network proxies must be limited. In case you will need some help setting the proxy, just call for the services of https://iproyal.com/residential-proxies/, they are providing some of the best proxies.

What kind of an answer is this? The question is clear: “does the MyCloud software have anywhere in its setting a place to configure a proxy?” Yes or no? If no why? MyCloudEx4100 for example is not necessarily meant to be used at home, it can also be used in a corporate setting, which always sit behind a proxy. Services such as software updates, and NTP will not work behind a proxy. Also, the “cloud” options do not work.
If such a feature is not available, and it appears that it is not, it is a serious limitation and you should seriously consider to implement it.
That’s why Synology NAS devices are so popular. You can configure a proxy client on them that allows them to fully operate behind a proxy. That’s what software updates are for.

First, you need to decide on the purpose for your proxy server. It depends on which proxy you need in terms of volume, location.

Have you tried setting up a proxy server before?

If you want to set up your My Cloud at your college lab, you’ll need to configure the proxy server settings. You can do this by going to the Settings menu and selecting the Proxy Server option. Enter the static IP address for your My Cloud Home in the Server field, and then choose the type of proxy server you’re using from the drop-down menu. Finally, enter the port number for the proxy server in the Port field. You can get a proxy address from https://shiftproxy.io. I have used their proxies since 2019 and have never had any problems.

1 Like

Setting up My Cloud Home in a college lab with a proxy server can be a bit tricky, as it often involves navigating network restrictions. Here’s a general guide on how to set up My Cloud Home with a proxy server in your college lab. Keep in mind that network policies can vary from one institution to another, so you may need to consult with your college’s IT department for specific guidance.

The process of setting up my device with a proxy was straightforward. I had to configure the proxy settings in my device to match those provided by proxys.io. The fact that they checked and verified their IPs before selling meant I didn’t encounter broken or unreliable connections, which was a frequent issue with other services. This reliability and consistency in the connection significantly impacted my setup, especially in an environment like a college lab where network stability is paramount.

This thread was started by a bot linking spam to this forum. It is apparent that the posters have no knowledge of the working of the topic they are posting, such as the configurations for the My Cloud Home.

There is no such setting for a static IP for the My Cloud Home. All configuration has to be done on the home owner’s router.

This thread should be locked from further exploitation.

Thank you.