How do i upload my files?

I’ve owned my WD My Cloud 4TB harddrive for years and it has been great. Its still working as intended.

However; I built a new gaming PC and i wanted to sort some things on my Drive. But the “WD My Cloud” Program for the PC isnt anywhere on the website.

I know theres WD Sync where i can quickly send stuff to it. But i cant view my own files.

How do i do this? Is there an App for PC?

What operating system is on your new computer? Have your tried files.mycloud.com?

Depending on your OS, depends on how you get to your Dashboard for your My Cloud. Do you have the User Manual for your My Cloud?

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/126

Hi,

I’m on Windows 10.

The programs that appear in the download section are;

“My Net view network evaluation tool”
“WD Smartware”
“Goodsync for WD”
and “WD My Cloud Setup for Windows”

the WD my cloud setup thing just takes me to the settings for the My Cloud. (The Dashboard).

But i’d like to actually view my files and move things around.

I have a 2TB My Cloud (Gen1) … Windows 7 … No Software Installed (ie no My Net, no WD Smartware, no Goodsync etc) and the My Cloud just appears under “Network” and i just click on it and go to the public folder or my external drive attached to the My Cloud… and can upload and download files using Windows copy and move function.

Does Windows 10 not work like that ?

For local network access one does not need to use any WD programs or software. One would use the Windows File Explorer or the Macintosh Finder to access their My Cloud on the local network.

For remote access to a My Cloud not on the local network one would use either MyCloud.com web portal or if using a mobile device, the WD My Cloud app for iOS or Android.

The My Cloud Desktop program has been End of Life since 2016. Recent firmware updates to the My Cloud have rendered that program non functional.

My Cloud Desktop App No Longer Works with a My Cloud or Login Not Authorized
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25159

If one is having trouble seeing or accessing their local network My Cloud when using Windows 10, make sure SMB1.0/CIFS is enabled. Microsoft typically disables this option in recent updates to, or new installs of, Windows 10.

How to Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support on Windows 10