How do I map my WD in Windows 7?

I just bought and installed Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit. I was on Windows XP before.

I can’t figure out how to get Windows 7 to see my WD TV Live Hub.  I just want to map it to a drive letter to show up in My Computer so I can copy files to it.

Try this…

WD Link

Description
This download contains the latest version of the WD Link Tool. The Link Tool is used to discover WD drives on the network, and to create mapped network drives from their share folders.

1 Like

You can look at my tutorial here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

The first part shows you how to map the HUB.

I don’t know how to get it on my network in Windows 7. With XP I would go to network setup thing, and I named it WORKGROUP. Then I was able to Map Network Drive and it was easy.

With Windows 7 the WD Link does not see my Hub. I don’t know how to get it on my network.

Hi Medic,

Follow-up network mapping question …

I’m using the WD drive discovery tool you gave us a link for and it sees my WDTV Live Hub o.k.  I was hoping to see the WD drives I have inside my WHS (windows home server V1), but it only sees the Live Hub.  Is this normal or are there other linking tools available?  If not, no biggie since 3.05.10 finally got windows network discovery running, but I was wondering why it won’t see other WD drives.

Thanks,

Mike

Nobody?

Doesn’t even have to be connecting the WD… how do I get any wireless device to show up in Windows 7?

The WD can access the internet… I just can’t see it in Windows 7 so I can copy files to it.

… wow and with that I figured it out myself.

Windows 7:

Start → Control Panel → View Network Status → it was set as Business Network. Once I changed it to Home Network the WD was automatically seen by WD Link and mapped the drive for me.

EDIT: I should be able to give myself Kudos.

hazmat96 wrote:

Hi Medic,

Follow-up network mapping question …

I’m using the WD drive discovery tool you gave us a link for and it sees my WDTV Live Hub o.k.  I was hoping to see the WD drives I have inside my WHS (windows home server V1), but it only sees the Live Hub.  Is this normal or are there other linking tools available?  If not, no biggie since 3.05.10 finally got windows network discovery running, but I was wondering why it won’t see other WD drives.

Thanks,

Mike

@hazmat96

There are other linking tools for other WD products available …maybe there is one you can use.

WD Downloads