Help Please

My WD live hub was working perfectly then all of a sudden when you select any media file off the internal drive or an external drive it will not play it

• it just has the thinking orange arrow for ages and ages.

Have turned device off an on again, but no luck. It only plays youtube now.

If I were to reset to factory default will this help repair whatever is wrong,
but will it also format the internal drive?

lynrorJ wrote:

My WD live hub was working perfectly then all of a sudden when you select any media file off the internal drive or an external drive it will not play it

• it just has the thinking orange arrow for ages and ages.

Have turned device off an on again, but no luck. It only plays youtube now.

If I were to reset to factory default will this help repair whatever is wrong,
but will it also format the internal drive?

A factory reset will NOT delete any media from the internal drive. You will have to set it up again so you might want to take a few notes before you reset it. Keep in mind that just a SHORT press on the power button = STANDBY and a LONG press on the power button = SHUTDOWN/POWER OFF. Just thinking if you didn’t POWER it off things would remain the same…the reboot takes a couple minutes when you have shut down properly. You can just pull the plug too. :slight_smile:

@lynrorJ

1. When attempting to play a media file that is not compatible (or corrupt) …

All other media files (that previously played fine) will not play.  (this is common with all WDTV media players)

Solution:  Don’t try to play the “dodgy/suspect” media file again … there’s something wrong with it

1. to do a “Factory Reset”   which will not delete anything from the internal HDD

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

Thank you will give the reset a try just in case.

I did do a proper power off but with no luck, as I must have played the same file again.

thank you for the feedback I was unaware one corrupt file could prevent all media from playing.

Hi,

This error happens a lot to me, always after a power outage or other power problem. After the power is restored i can browse files, browse some service like youtube, but can’t play any file (not even photographs).

Sometimes unplugging and pluggin it back solve the problem but not always.

What always works for me is to press the power button of the unit (the only button of the unit on the front, left side) for 4 o 5 seconds until the units turn off. Then press the button again to turn it on and wait until it finnish loading (it takes 2 or 3 minutes). After that everyting works fine.

I’m ussing the latest firwmare (3.12.13) but I having this error with previous version too.