Wd live tv hub keeps restarting and only shows opening logo

Wd Live tv player not working. The media player turns on but only shows the logo and turns off again and keeps doing that.

1 Like

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12917

Hi, I tried to reset using the clip but it didn’t work. It just keeps showing that first window with logo and going black again

…a

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15596

Thanks will try to update it lets see if it works

if firmware fails, remove hubs hd and test it in a caddy on a pc, if its broke you can stick another in it 2.5 wd

1 Like

firmware is flashed on the internal NAND not on the internal Hard Drive … swapping hard drives will make no difference if the firmware fails.

in fact, a properly functioning WD Live Hub will work fine even without a internal hard drive connected. (it just displays a message there is no hard drive connected and press ok to proceed)

1 Like

My Wd media player internal hard drive not reading…

I have 1tb internal hard drive on my wd media player and I have 3d movie folder on it…it’s not reading now suddenly

First thing to try … reset the Live Hub to Factory Defaults (this doesn’t wipe data)

If no go … then the hard drive has probably died … not surprising considering the Live Hub was released nearly 10 years ago.

friend of mine had a faulty Live Hub internal hard drive … couldn’t be formatted via the Live Hub’s drive manager … so i removed it and tried formatting it connected to a Windows PC … nope, failed. Hard drive is stuffed.

if you have a Backup of your 3D Movies … then that’s all you can do/try and will have to replace the hard drive.

if you don’t have a Backdrop then you’re in trouble.

I can’t do formatting because it doesn’t have and options to connect to a pc meaning I only have 2 usb port one is infornt and other is on back…

How to highlight it on my pc meaning which data cable to use

I even tryed connecting usb to usb cable male to male but it’s not showing on my pc to do formatting

To format the internal hard drive on a PC … you need to remove it from the WDTV Live Hub, this means disassembling it.

Then connect the hard drive to PC via a SATA to USB Adapter.

Thanks Bro il try that today

Thank you very much for posting the video. I’ve often wondered how to open up the device. I might replace my 1Tb drive with a 2Tb one that I removed from an old Toshiba computer that I scrapped a few months ago.

I would strongly advise NOT using a knife or anything metallic (as shown in the video)

use an expired credit card or a guitar pick to open the case … If you use plastic, you won’t damage the case and you won’t stab yourself.

1 Like

Have you try it?

Iam thinking of replacng to 2tb hdd too, but not shure wil it work or not.

Some time ago, some users who have similar problem findout that problem maybe related to power button connectors.
So you will need open wdtv hub anyway.
One solution is just disconnect power button cables from player motherboard.
Another solution was clean powerbutton pcb board and player motherboard around cable connector with some alcohol.