Help can't get connected

Ok well I would personally, for the time required, just to be certain delete all apps. Reset the unit by pressing the button 3 to 5 seconds and when complete download the apps again. Then try admin/admin and you should have access.

My guess is that when you performed the last reset your router assigned a new IP address.

If this procedure fails this time then we may need to access your router to establish the new IP address. I am around and available today so try that and get back to me please.

Ok I will try that, thanks for being helpful with me

No problem :slight_smile:

If that doesnā€™t work do the same again but this time hold the reset in for 40 seconds and this will perform a complete restore of the unit. Then download and install apps.

thank you

The Manual states:
Resetting with Power Off
At the same time as you plug power into the WD My Cloud device, press the Reset button
and hold for about 40 seconds. The device undergoes a system restore and powers on.

Resetting with Power On
If you have set a password or a static IP address on the WD My Cloud dashboard and have
forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to
the default value of none and to default IP settings. The default IP setting is DHCP. Resetting
does not erase your files.

System Restore
Changes all settings back to the factory default values, makes private shares
public, and returns the administrator password to none. Your content remains untouched
and intact.

Also I canā€™t remember but did you try admin and no password?

1 Like

out of interest how long should I wait afer reset before the blue light holds steady mine is still flashing pink to yellow

I believe it can take some time from what I have read on the subject. Any progress?

well Im further than I was having done the full restore but it is still asking for Ā a password and I cant get passed it at all.

How are you further?

I now have a screen from the WD cloud setup that is asking for admin password, this I didnt have before but I dont have the password so Im stumped

Ok I am in, I had to reboot again with power off and then add a different email account to register and this has sorted the problem, noooooooooow I just have to figure out how to use it thank you so much for all your help with this

Hehe! Well I am not sure I actually helped but sometimes it just helps to know you are not aloneā€¦ Well done with persevering! :wink:

1 Like