Can't access My Cloud Dashboard

Installed my new Mycloud, accessed the dashboard no problem, made folders and users and for the day everything was fine! When I attempted to access the dashboard the following day, nothing, says accessing WD MyCloud then just stays black. Ive tried everything including resetting my cloud unit but nothing! So now I cant get into the dashboard to change settings on mycloud.

I can still view my folders through my macbook and even my tv, and ipad, so thats no issue, i just cant change security settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Things to check.

Did you name your box or is it still WDMyCloud? If still default should be able to reach it in browser with WDMyCloud.local it will auto insert /UI at end of address.

Check your router if the IP of your box has changed.

Insert paper clip at back of box for 4 seconds to do a quick reset, 40 seconds for a full reset but then be patient as it takes quite a while with the later. There is a wee hole above the connections… you’ll see it.

Is the Blue Light on or is it white light.

Pulling the power isn’t really a good idea without being able to tell it to shut down. I’d get that advice from an official support rep.

These are just basic steps. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have named it, when i click on the dashboard icon on my desktop it goes to the site WD My Cloud and says its accessing and then just goes black. Ive tried resetting, i’ve also uninstalled every WD app and started again but still no luck :frowning:

what did you name it then?

Try NewNameOfYourDevice.local

I named it di and i’ve put this address in the browser  http://di-cloud.local/UI/, still to no avail :frowning:

try di.local

Is the blue light showing on your box or is it white?

Tried that, still nothing and the light is blue, I can still view all the files on it through my ipad, I just cant get anywhere near the dashboard anymore!

that is odd.

Can you access your router and find out what IP address it has?

Then type in the ip address eg: http://192.168.0.4/UI

Next step would be to take a paper clip and locate a small hole above all the connection interfaces and push it in for 4 seconds to reset the box

How are you connected to it, via desktop ethernet port or via a router. 

I’m connected via router, checked the ip address and entered it in manually, also did both resets, the 4sec and the 40 sec, nothing

I think you should contact WD support. If the basics didn’t work.

Thanks for all your help, I have sent an email to WD but to be honest this seems a regular occurance by all the threads on this site about it, so I might just cut my losses and headache and send it back :frowning:

thanks again

Yes the device is a bit of a headache. I personally don’t like the UI and I am looking to completely replace the entire OS if it can be done. 

Not sure though. So I am considering buying another Hard Drive and install an OS on that then plug the motherboard of the device in and see what happens.

Good luck with that :wink:

I have the same error, please helpme how is the workaround?

Hi I had the same problem and the solution that I found was update manually the firmware throw ssh.

take a look at this thread
http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-307650#post-1003066

baileys wrote:

Thanks for all your help, I have sent an email to WD but to be honest this seems a regular occurance by all the threads on this site about it, so I might just cut my losses and headache and send it back :frowning:

thanks again

Hi Baileys,

Have you tried updating your java?  https://www.java.com/en/download/

once updated restart server and computer and go to the dashboard. 

As you are getting a blank screen have you tried flushing your dns? 

Go to your cmd prompt and type:

ipconfig/flushdns

enter 

Then go to browser options and clear out browser history and cookies. Restart laptop and my cloud and try dashboard.

let me know if either work in that order.

kudos if worked so others can benefit from this issue.