WD MyCloud Dashboard not showing

Hi there,

I haven’t used the dashboard for over a month now, but i need to change a few things.

I’ve tried to open the dashboard with the bonjour adress ( wdmycloud.local ) and with the ip adress.

On both occasions the dashboard seems to load but at the point it’s supposed to show the overview it just gives me a black screen.

I’ve tried everything ( unpluged power, installed quick view, soft reset unit, reset router, used different browsers, tried other computers in the same network even the ipad ) but nothing seems to work.

Does anybody know a sollution as how to get the dashboard to show everything again ?

Thanks

p.s. In finder i can acces all the files and change, rename etc. so the normal things work.

What browser are you using? Have you or anyone made any changes to it?

I’ve used safari, chrome and firefox and all give the same result.

I’m the only user of this mycloud storage.

The only change that has been done to it is a firmware upgrade.

Everything works just fine but the dashboard, the one thing i need to add users and folders.

You might need to do a 40 second reset by holding the reset before plugging in the power then continue to hold the reset for 40 seconds.

Seemed to work for the other blank screen dashboard user

Good luck

LinAdmin11 wrote:

Be warned: Pressing that famous button is pretty dangerous.

I would send it back for a full refund :open_mouth:

Ignore LinAdmin.   He has no idea what he’s talking about.

@ Vleardinger,

If you shut down everything. Then start with the modem/or router, reset all parameters fill in all parameters afresh. Then connect the My Cloud let it settle till blue light, no USB drive attached. Wait for another 10-60 minutes, let the drive stop rattling, listen to it. It needs to buzz alone not rattle, like it is scanning for media. Check inside the router which ip number it has chosen, then go to DHCP reservation in the router and save it there permanently. Then unplug the My Cloud since you cannot access the dashboard to shut it down. Wait again for it to settle as above. Then start up one computer and use IE explorer and try to access it.

If this works, gimme a Kudo.

Pacific_Dollars wrote:
@ Vleardinger,

If you shut down everything. Then start with the modem/or router, reset all parameters fill in all parameters afresh. Then connect the My Cloud let it settle till blue light, no USB drive attached. Wait for another 10-60 minutes, let the drive stop rattling, listen to it. It needs to buzz alone not rattle, like it is scanning for media. Check inside the router which ip number it has chosen, then go to DHCP reservation in the router and save it there permanently. Then unplug the My Cloud since you cannot access the dashboard to shut it down. Wait again for it to settle as above. Then start up one computer and use IE explorer and try to access it.

If this works, gimme a Kudo.

Thats what I call a thorugh cookbook. Therefore I gave you the kudos!

But maybe it lacks the hint that the MyBook must be oriented in north to south direction ?? ;)  :wink: :wink: