OK, let me start from the beginning and give a play-by-play here. I need to retrieve files from My Cloud, as I no longer have access to them elsewhere. Problem is, it stopped working…
- Suddenly, without warning, I was unable to get a blue light - only solid or flashing white-yellow light
- I was unable to see the device on my computer
- I did several soft resets (unplugging, waiting, replugging etc), but that did not work
- I tried a different network cable, but that did not work either
- I attached it to a different network. Still didn’t work
- Attached the network cable directly into a PC - Still nothing
- I performed several 40-second resets - Finally a blue light!
- Now I can see the device under Network>Storage.
- I can also see the device under Network>Media Devices
- However, the WD app says ‘No supported WD devices found’
- When I click on the device in Network>Storage it brings me to http://192.168.2.237/UI/ which tells me the device has 0KB of data… WHAT!!! Where is all my stuff??
- I wonder if a firmware update will fix the issue… Yes, an update is available, but I keep getting an error saying there is insufficient space (There is plenty of available space - and if this page is to be believed, the device is empty!), so I cannot perform the update (either from a file or via Internet).
- I have added back my user account and given full access to both me and the admin account, yet I still see no files
- I have performed several reboots from the Utilities section of this site, but none has made a difference
- AT NO POINT HAVE I PERFORMED A FACTORY RESTORE
- When I click on the device in Network>Media Devices it brings me to the Twonky Server page
- What is this??? How does this differ from the WD page? Will making changes there complicate things?
- I set up a new Server name, and a new username and password under Advanced settings.
- I have since removed these settings, as it seemed to be complicating things.
- What, if anything, should I do on the Twonky Server page?
When I click on WD MyCloud from my PC’s Quick Access menu it shows my private folder, but none of the other public ones that used to be there.
- When I try to open the private folder, it asks me for my Windows credentials
- I used the same username and password as I had entered on the Twonky server, but ACCESS DENIED
- In Control Panel> Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Centre>Advanced Sharing Settings>All Networks I switched password protected sharing OFF, but it is still asking me for my credentials!!
- I went to the Credential Manager and carefully checked that the credentials under WDMYCLOUD matched what I was entering, yet still I get an ACCESS DENIED alert.
- I removed the credential from the list completely, yet STILL it prompts me for my credentials when I try to open the folder!
PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have spent hours on this, and I seem to be no closer to being able to access my files! Time is ticking, as I am leaving the country in a few days for 3 months and need to access the files before then.
I hope I have given enough information here for you to understand exactly what I have done, and where I stand now. If you have any suggestions on how to fix this, please give them to me in layman’s terms! I am not used to back-end stuff, so the simpler the better.
Thank you in advance!!