HEIC support needed!

Hello
With new iOS 11 Apple introduced HEIC format for taking pictures. They take much less space but are not visible in any of your apps. Not on iPhone, not on PC or my mac. Is there any way you could implement this format?

Thanks in advance!

Have you looked at this, https://www.valuewalk.com/2017/09/convert-heic-to-jpeg-ios-11-image-format/ , it may help until changes are made, if they are made.

There are ways to change the picture taking format on iOS 11 - but the MAJOR benefit is space saving. Why can’t WD support this on the platforms? Why should I have to sacrifice the benefit of saving space just to store them on MyCloud?

WD is always so slow to respond to changes. How can I support using their products?

Asked wife to send me an iOS 11 photo from her phone to my yahoo email. Yahoo had a jpeg photo sent to me to download on PC and new iPad still using iOS 10. Photo showed on iPad fine, indicating I could store it on My Cloud if I want to…

Yes you can IF its shared via the Photos app on iOS 11. Autobackup from camera roll to My Cloud via the WD app will upload it in HEIC format. Then it cannot be viewed.