Hard Drive not copying all files from the SD card

I have a problem with my drive as it is not taking all files from my SD drive when I put it into the slot.

I had annoyingly lost a whole days shoot as I entered the card and watched the LED lights light up in turn until all 4 were complete.

The drive created a folder but it was empty.

I shot a timelapse today and there were 400+ images on my SD card (a card I format before every use).

The drive did the usual and lit up all 4 lights after a while of copying data. Now I’ve checked I only have 4 photos and the final video.

Why is the hard drive doing this? I bought it and take it with me as a back up and security. If it stops backing up then it is useless to me.

Sorry to hear this. Problem writing to the internal storage may be caused by dirty file system. You can try to Scandisk and see if there is any issue found.

Pls contact the WD Support team for further assistance.

Hmm I thought this was the case but am not so sure now.

I have several cards that all work in camera, Mac and on the drive but now the drive “copies” nothing from any of them.

I format my cards in camera after back up but simply cannot trust my WD Drive now as it’s simply not backing anything up from any of my cards.

Starting to feel like I have wasted my money on this drive.

@Keith1974

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20733&s=